Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods STOLEN from Portland OR. swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fast-lane racing, Apr 5, 2014.

1. fast-lane racing

fast-lane racing
    from Spokane WA

STOLEN FROM PORTLAND SWAP MEET. THUR APRIL 3. FOLLOWING ITEMS
    ** HILBORN INJECTOR MFG IN 60's, 4 HOLE NOSTALIGIC BLOWER SCOUP.
    ** HILBORN INJECTION FOR A 429/460 FORD, MANIFOLD MADE BY BLUE THUNDER
    THIS WAS A NEW MANIFOLD. AN HILBORN INJECTOR ADAPTED FROM A 427 FORD ,
    8 INDIVIDUAL STACKS, CROME FADED . PROTO-TYPE UNIT.
    I BUILT 2 OF THES UNITS, I KNOW WERE THE SECOND SETUP IS! DONT KNOW OF ANY OTHERS! IF THER IS PLEASE CONTACT ME. DONT WANT TO POINT FINGERS AT A WRONG PERSON.
    ** EAGLE 383 STROKER KIT ,COMPLETE IN A 92 LB BOX. THATS RIGHT ! THIS LOW LIFT GRABED A BOXWEIGHING 92LB AN WALKED OFF WITH IT
    EVERY BODY HAS A STROKER 383, THAT WIL BE IMPOSSIABLE TO FIND!
    BUT THESE INJECTION UNITS WONT BE AS EASY TO SELL!
    PLEASE LOOK AT THE PICTURES, IF YOUR BUDDY TELLS YOU HOW HE GOT THE DEAL OF THE CENTURY. YEA RIGHT
    YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT PORTLAND OR. POLICE, OFFICER W. DUNBAR @503-823-5700
    or EMAIL ME [email protected]
    I can send pictures, couldn't see where I could down load pictures!
    This is on the west coast! but might show up in FLORIDA, some time. I built 2 of these units. don't know of ANY OTHERS?
    If you have one please contact me, so I/police can put a list together.
    Reward $$ for info.

2. This sucks. Post pictures so I know what I'm looking for.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

No one just, picks up a 98lb. box and walks off. At any rate, good luck in your recovery.

4. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

There was another thread yesterday of a nailhead 2x4 manifold growing legs at Portland.

Makes one wonder if these thefts are related.

Hope something turns up.

5. RDR

RDR

looks to me like a 1 day swap meet is in our future...
    If portland can't supply security then we don't sell there!
    Sleep with your booth or live with this crap...
    Dang!!

6. Coupe Deluxe

Coupe Deluxe

I was selling at last years PIR swap and had the neighbors kid constantly hanging around my stuff acting suspicious. After talking to him a few times it was obvious he knew the value of my stuff but he also admitted that he had no money. I finally told him I didn't want to see him in my space again unless he had the cash to buy something. Later in the weekend, the Police were there confiscating stolen items. Curiously, no arrest was made, they just took a bunch of their stuff. Made me so nervous I had to call my nephew to come over and guard my stuff so I could go shopping.
    I also noticed the drinking started mighty early at some of the vendors stalls. Get drunk, pass out early, lose your stuff... Don't know if any of this applies to your situation but something to think about.

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

My experience with swap meets and vendors, is that most keep a good eye out. For their stuff and a FRIENDLY neighbor. So, make friends with people in your area, if you're a seller. But the bottom line still comes back to watching your shit. If it's something you wouldn't leave on your front lawn at night, keep your eyes on it. Getting ripped off is usually tracked back to a lapse in common sense. Not saying this is the case here, just a general fact.

8. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

A sad sign of the times. I hope they catch the bastard(s)

9. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

I don't understand why sellers bitch and moan about getting ripped off when you don't secure your stuff? Friday am I heard a guy bitching out a poor young woman working security and she had to be thinking "what a dumbass" who leaves expensive goods in a tent and ties the doors shut with twine and goes home at night? I see most of the smart sellers locking stuff up in cargo trailers at night or staying with the stuff.

10. Was this at the race track, or the Expo center? Security is different between them. The race track turns in to a big cruse at night and gets a little rowdy. The expo kicks every one out at closing time and locks the place down for the night. At least that's the way it was when I was going there.

11. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fast Lane, email me the pics so I can post them here for you. The HAMB is a HUGE group, more than one crook has been found by this crowd. I sent you my email address in a PM.

EDIT: Pics posted in post #17

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  12. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

That's right and they also have security/fire watch in there (Expo) all night.

13. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Go down to the additional options part and select manage attachments.

A lot of people watch Craigslist and the stuff might show up there. I will keep an eye open too. Sorry about the ripoff.

14. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

You might want to keep a check here daily to see if it shows up: http://zoomthelist.com/ Could be someone is hitting swaps and splitting off to another one.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You can email them to me if you want to [email protected] and I'll post them.

From the looks of things there may have been a somewhat organized theft ring there this year. That nor the theft of the multi carb intake and carbs weren't any stick in your pocket and walk off pilferage.

We left the racetrack early on Saturday a couple of years ago because the drunks were getting too wild on their mini bikes and dirt bikes. I got run over by another drunk riding on one of those handicapped scooters who was so drunk he didn't know he hit me even after I yelled at him. That was a lot earlier in the day.

16. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Not to get too OT, but I stood at one guy's booth with a shifter in my hands for 10 minutes waiting for someone to get there mid morning yesterday. I didn't want to put it down and lose it, but didn't want to just lay money down either. I finally walked to an adjacent space behind that one and asked if anyone knew where the vendor was, and the guy tells me "he's at work, and couldn't make it down today."
    I ended up giving him the money, but anyone could have emptied the guy's table and nobody behind would have even been able to see them do it. A lot of vendors don't watch, or even stay around their space. Some spend the first half day shopping all around, and nobody stays to watch the booth!

17. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He sent me pics to post. Here they are:

Attached Files:

18. pumpman

pumpman

Man, that sucks! Your stuff is beautiful and it's a damn shame that this happened. I really hope you get your stuff back but also find the low life that ripped you off.

Around here we have been pretty lucky and have not had to deal with this kind of shit. Just hope it stays that way, and good luck on getting your stuff back.

19. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Thief's need their fingers chopped off in public!

20. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

I would look at other vendors 1st... Specially with the heavy ass box... Is the show still going on today? Parts might be in the back of a truck or trailer under a tarp or something...

21. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Had an nos $150 turn signal switch walk off my table in hall e.

Fucking bastards.

22. sorry about that....not just like it but the guy across from me had someone just grab and walk off with a restored Coke cooler....and he was there just with his back turned.....oh to catch one in the act....

23. pontman

pontman

Sucks to hear this! I'm selling stuff at Mt. Vernon swap last weekend of April. I will and almost always have a gun in my pocket.

24. trashn'l

trashn'l

That really sucks to hear. I talked to you about the Hilborn hat on Thursday morning. This explains why I couldn't find your booth on Friday. Sorry to hear that some a$$h0le took your stuff. My friend at the other end of the dragstrip had an aluminum radiator stolen on Thursday night.