Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YEP!----Ford called it the "Roadster" model.

2. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

"Sports Roadster" to be exact. There were 1,427 built in 1962 and 455 in 1963...according to Wikipedia.

3. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

1959: Americans reacting to news of the invention of the birth control pill.

Trojan Horse likes this.
  4. 55bird

55bird
    from Spokane WA

[/QUOTE]

Lots of darkroom stuff still available, though the selection is down. Upside is that film cameras, enlargers and the like are dirt cheap!

5. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

This is my favorite thread on the hamb and this morning it got even better.
    swi66 posted some pics and one brought a tear to my eye. The picture of the grocery store named Dixons was my dads. My God I grew up in that store, so many memories. You just never know what your going to find on the HAMB. Thanks swi66

garham likes this.
  6. Correct.

7. Jim Nise

Jim Nise

Is Chris Christie on the bridge???[​IMG]

8. empire

empire

9. scrappybunch

scrappybunch
    from nj

Ha good one! Too bad he screwed up with that mess. Best governor NJ has had in a long time.

10. That photo scrappybunch posted was of the opening ceremonies for the Mackinaw Bridge here in Michigan, not New Jersey. Other photos of that ceremony can be found on the official site, Mackinaw Bridge Authority.

Those license plates apparently were specially made for this event, some clearer photos are seen on that site.

Also answered a question for me, which lanes have the grating. I'm riding a bike across there this year and I don't like grating on two wheels.

11. mike 51

mike 51
    from norcal

He gets a pass on this one he wasn't born yet....

12. dad-bud

dad-bud

.................. huh?? Surely you mean a Corvair don't you? :eek: :eek: ;) :p

BTW Gary, you have struck a rich vein of fine pics, thanks for posting some gems.
    Cheers.

13. JD Miller

JD Miller

What year covair is that ? :confused:

[​IMG]

14. chryco

chryco
    from Winnipeg

Umm........... Plymouth Valiant

15. RPL

RPL

Is the Plymouth being lowered into the hole in post 90431 the Belvidere they buried in Tulsa? My wife got her first ride during woodwrad Dream Cruise in the Plymouth Prowler buried there in 1998.

16. Here's a couple of favorites. The one with the train engine, because of the 29 Chev beside it and the other just because it's another downtown Vancouver BC shot. Check out that great Coca-Cola sign/clock complete with totem pole!

Attached Files:

17. As much as I dislike having posts replied to include the photos reshown over and over, I'm doing it because of the age of the original post, and I'd like everyone to know what I'm referring to. I really enjoyed the details that are shown in this over size post. I have been going thru this thread for quite a while, averaging about 10 pages a day. This post, as oversize as it is, is way preferable to page after page where the photos are no longer made available, but tantalizing comments are left.
    Whoever posted this foto.....THANKS.

18. Jim Nise

Jim Nise

I only made the comment because it was topical to today. I knew it wasn't a bridge in NJ, suspected Mackinaw. I will go hide now!

19. swi66

swi66

[​IMG]

I've always liked the Valiants and had a 62 before getting a 64.
    Right place at the right time for both of them.
    Nice back and forth errand runner or cruiser, My 64 is the last year for the push button auto, and even has a very rare dealer installed power steering!

So yes, I have other cars than Corvairs, 11 "hobby" cars total.

20. I haven't been through all 4500 some odd pages so I apologize if this one has been posted before.

[​IMG]

21. ^^^Wow! That red "stage coach" in front would be sweet with modern running gear.

22. dad-bud

dad-bud

I guess I was just surprised seeing as you seem to be Mr Corvair here on the HAMB (that should shake the rest of them out from cover) when you told us you owned a Valiant - who'da thunk it?

We had Valiants here in Aus from around 1960, some minor differences to the US ones - a bit of a mash of Dodge and Plymouth until the late 60's when Aus started designing their own. Still called them Valiants because they had established a fairly good name by then.

Always seen as plenty of car for the money and reliable, honest transport. Plus, they're less likely to kill ya if you want to go round a corner (haha).

Anyway, respect for another HAMBer, and I've got 7 hobby cars too, though some are a bit OT.

Anyway, cheers again

23. swi66

swi66

Found that shot on the automotive Mileposts Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/automotivemileposts

24. swi66

swi66

25. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

This car is still around, or was around a couple of years ago when I saw it at a cruise night in Redondo Beach, CA. Very cool custom.

26. swi66

swi66

27. swi66

swi66

28. swi66

swi66

29. swi66

swi66

30. swi66

swi66

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.