Register now to get rid of these ads!

'Quality' of build...yep another one

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BarryA, Feb 28, 2013.

1. BarryA

BarryA

Not sure why this one came back up, but here is a little more info:
    Jacques (OpenRoad) moved to Perth about a year ago - no idea what happened with any type of claim.
    The 'builder' is still around and getting business, including it seems one guy who saw this whole thing and still went with him - go figure:rolleyes:
    For the record his name is Karl Ebel and his outfit is called Creativecarversions or something similar.

At Speedweek SA last year an O/T Fox bodied Mustang that he 'built' managed to disintegrate it's rear end at a lowly 180-something km/h. In my opinion it was down to some really suspect rear suspension. His write-up here makes for....uhm.....interesting reading:
    http://hotrodz.co.za/custom-cars/th...hotrodz-co-za-2013-speedweek-sa-hakskeen-pan/
    (I especially like how they were aiming for 300km/h with that car LOL)

The previous year he couldn't seem to keep his '40 Coupe going straight down the track - again the spin he put on it was worthy of any politician..... (I found it odd that I drove my '41 Pickup to 198km/h with one hand on the wheel on the same 'undriveable' track;))

At least most of you don't need to worry about encountering his 'skills' unless you're planning to attend Kalahari Desert Speedweek anytime soon..... and at least it provides comic relief (until someone gets maimed....)

2. Poh

Poh
    from Quincy,Ca.

Guess I should have checked the dates huh..:eek:

3. Haha, nice to see you guys are keeping tabs on us, but like most places, it's often only the bad news that makes the headlines.

Whats next you say? Our El Presidente just spent a sizable chunk of taxpayers money upgrading his home/ranch...

We have a saying here: 'Africa ain't for sissies'

4. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

I missed this Thread first time around and after reading everything I am glad I did. To put it mildly this work is Piss Poor. This type of work, especially on suspension components is totally unacceptable any where any time.
    I guess Global Economy means that you can buy a Horrible Fright flux wire mig any where in the world........... Jeff

5. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

If they ever try to put him in prison for being a PROFESSIONAL.....let me know, I'm pretty sure I can get him off...........

6. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

He'll have plenty of guys wanting to do that there or vice-versa.:eek:
    ;)

7. Newbedonnie

Newbedonnie
    from SC

Christ...merely from reading their track blog it is apparent that these people like to blame (in this order):
    1. Track conditions
    2. Wind
    3. The boogie-man
    4. Stars coming into alignment

And possibly...if really pushed...
    5. Their mechanical prowness.

8. BarryA

BarryA

Fixed your numbers for ya!
    Heaven forbid, it couldn't be surely.........;)

Fact is this guy seems to be able to talk the talk to the uninitiated, and has the big mobile workshop and full Nomex racesuit to prove it:D

I've encountered this phenomenon in just about every walk of life: 'impress' people with face value and they'll hand over trust and cash without investigating/researching any further.