Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Godspeed to the Big Wheel...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. belair

belair

Quite a guy. Staged a pretty good come-back later in life.

3. metal man

metal man

Also from the big screen.

Attached Files:

4. Quiet the man,great entertainer.

God Speed Mickey. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mickey,and three beauty's of the day,Judy Garland,Ann Rutherford and Lana Turner.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

darn...:(

6. Good ol' Mickey! He will be missed.

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

A little-known biggie Mickey starred in as a race driver down on his bucks was "Drive a Crooked Road".
    Mickey was employed as an agency auto mechanic, trying to get funds for a 'ride' in the Grand Prix.
    Some hoods had a bank job cased, but needed a driver, and a fast getaway car.
    The big cheese's gun moll seduces Mickey into the gang, and when convinced there's $$$ in it, Mickey outlines the need for a 'special' car.

He buys a '39 Ford Tudor sedan, and is filmed actually swinging an Edelbrock 'Custom Built' flathead into it!
    Great stuff...especially when he drives the dirt road at 85+...
    My hero!
    Yes, Godspeed...

8. [​IMG]
    Mickey Rooney
    September 23, 1920 - April 6, 2014

9. Mickey Rooney - The Big Wheel (1949) poster.jpg Mickey Rooney - The Big Wheel (1949).jpg
    Mickey Rooney driving Stanley Steamer in 'Summer Holiday' (1948).JPG Mickey Rooney (Andy Hardy) with Judy Garland, Lana Turner, & Ann Rutherford and Model A Roadster.jpg
    Mickey Rooney - Andy Hardy.jpg Mickey Rooney - Life Begins for Andy Hardy.jpg Mickey Rooney - in 4,000,000th Plymouth.jpg
    Mickey Rooney Hero.jpg Mickey Rooney - 1935 Studebaker Commander Land Cruiser .jpg Mickey Rooney in Baby Face Nelson (1957).jpg
    Mickey Rooney under the hood.jpg Mickey Rooney - 'Vette.jpg
    click thumbnails to enlarge

10. prpmmp

prpmmp

Saw a quote today(For every person that dies a Library closes!!) He was quite a Library!! RIP!! Pete

11. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

liked his Andy Hardy movies

12. Chuck R

Chuck R

When i was a kid in the late 50's and 60's tv had a lot of old black and white movies running to fill space. Got to see a lot of his movies including the Andy Hardy series . Always was a good actor, sad to see so many of the heroes of my life leaving us. Guess that can only mean one thing, I am getting old. Oh well, I will just keep running it into turn 2 and hope she sticks!
    chuck

13. Newbedonnie

Newbedonnie
    from SC

Done...

14. flamingokid

flamingokid

Mickey Rooney lived a great life.Hot women,fast cars,awards,etc....darn near a century and active until his final days.Not bad.