Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project Flatliner!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitzee, Aug 9, 2010.

1. fitzee

fitzee

well the trunk is done and im moving on forward of the rearend. got to figure out how the floors will need clearances on the control arms so had to lay the car down at it lowest point. with a set of 235s on the back she brings up in the tires.lol so wont be running them if I ever run bags. now it time to figure out a back seat setup.the trailing arms sit about a inch above the top of the frame rails. going to be tricky but Ill figure something out.

Attached Files:

2. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

car look nice .....................................sweet

3. oldman2

oldman2

Looking sweeeeet...Jim

4. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

I like it!!! nice work man.

5. fitzee

fitzee

thanks guys. stuck home today and cant get into the shop.stormy here today..all goes well Ill get in at it tomorrow..

6. 26Troadster

26Troadster

cool build fitzee.

7. fitzee

fitzee

Was a long day at the car yesterday.Showed up and spent a few hours just figuring out how I was going to do the floors..sized up the driveshaft angles to see if I need to remove any of the crossmembers. Im amazed that the shaft will clear the control arm cross memeber..The car had to be jacked up over 10 inchs on the rockers to ever come close.going to cut a small u shaped section out of it to be safe. well after getting a game plan in order I started cutting up a new 4x8 sheet of steel. like the trunk Ill make all the section up to the trans first and get them all to fit.was amazed at the right side rear panel.after I made the left side and cut it to fit..I said Ill chance it and just make the other the same and just reverse the cuts.. I figure I was going to have to make it agian cause it might of been off..but no!! with one small trim cut it fit perfect..I have the rearend set at it lowest point so I have to build two channels for them to pass into the car. made the rear down panel and it fit perfect then I went ahead and built the drivers side floor under the seat. it still needs to be worked and trimmed but it fit good..when build floor pans I tend to step the ends where they will be welded..I find it adds strenght and keep the heat from warping up the floors when welding..give you a nice seam to seamseal as well..anyway I run out of steel and my back was killing me so at 8 I call it quits..going to see if I can get a few hours here and there the week..but first I need to pick up more steel..

Attached Files:

8. oldman2

oldman2

Always enjoy your updates, nice job...Jim

9. Roy39

Roy39

10. Looks like a nice taildragger in the making!!!! I grew up on the eastern sea board and did some extensive rot repair but this takes the fucking cake!!!! Nice work fitz!!!

11. fitzee

fitzee

A little more work done..you know what its like when you think of a dozon little thing that need to be done before you move on to what you want to be putting in.. well the end of both rockers to the wheel well need to be capped as well as behind the wheels.. now to do that my plan for skirts has to be looked after before they are done!!I want the skirts to roll under the car.most have to flare off with the turn on the bottom of the quarters.So I changed it here so I could have the skirt roll under without a flare..well I got one side done and said I got to do something big so I installed the front panel on the C notch. it is slow but im still moving forward.

Attached Files:

12. raidmagic

raidmagic

Very nice. I do love the updates to this thread.

13. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good on ya Fitz!

14. koolkemp

koolkemp

Its funny how thinking about one thing can lead to doing 4 others before returning to the orig thought lol!

15. fitzee

fitzee

problem is there is more then 4 things I need to do before i install the rear floors!! tie in the back dash to the floor and to the roof..tie in the roof to the wheel tubs. cap the end of the rockers! do both wheels wells and then close in the rear quarters under quarter windows on the inside of the car and while your doing that might as well frame in quarter windows for solid windows!!then install the rear floors..lol

16. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

I'll bring Aspirin when we drop up Friday for dinner!
    I think you're gonna NEED it with all that planning!!! LoL

Lookin' GOOD brudda. Swear you knew what you were at! :D

17. oldman2

oldman2

Looking great...Jim

18. fitzee

fitzee

yes Ill need them.. best to do all this stuff now cause when the back floors go in ill find it harder to do all this..right now there is alot of leg room to do the work..lol

19. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

Looks good man I feel ya it seems like every time you start a area there is 20 steps before you even get to it. I am in the boat with my build little at a time.

20. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

Awesome build thanks for the butt welding tips.

21. fitzee

fitzee

Thanks.. sad to say it again. She on the back burner once again. This time of year is busy for me So my own stuff goes on hold. It's sad but thats business..

22. BUSTEDKNUCKLE

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

What a great job your doing, love the way its turning out. You have some talent and vision.

Curt

23. raidmagic

raidmagic

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

crazy build, I parted out a 51 that was way better than what you started with. we are spoiled here in sunny California.

25. fitzee

fitzee

sorry the car has been in storage now for 8 months and i have moved to a new building and no room there for the car. have it on hold for now but hope to be back at it at in the fall of 2014. have a 51 deluxe now as a mild custom Im getting on the road for this summer..

26. fitzee

fitzee

how she was the last time I seen it!!

Attached Files:

27. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Yup...that Chevy's been parked next to my 63 Dodge in storage. If nature takes its course we should have a full litter of little AMC's running around before too long! :D

28. koolkemp

koolkemp

lol !!

29. rustydibris

rustydibris

when i teach my kids about cars i will be able to point at that garage and tell them theres a old custom and a more door dodge.... and thats if i have kids lol i think both of these cars need to be brought out to the light again

30. spasecadet

spasecadet
    from PDX

How goes the battle? Any pics of the mild car?