Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Early Ford throttle rod

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by gkgeiger, Apr 9, 2014.

1. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

I'm looking for a replacement throttle rod for my '39 with twin 97's. What I want is something that has a more positive reaction when the gas pedal is moved. I modified my original rod but those spring loaded ends allow the pedal to move a considerable amount before the carb. lever moves. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Yes! there are some ball & socket ends available (McMasters & Carr) that thread onto respective rod diameters, (ball/socket ends resemble Model A tie rod ends, I have them on my throttle linkage)

They come in #12, 5/32", 3/16", 7/32", 1/4"...(and other sizes) There used to be kits, with threaded rods and socket ends, Segal and others marketed them.

3. sdroadster

sdroadster

Speedway has throttle ends that are female 1/4-28 for the throttle rod, and have the ball end that will fit over the linkage on your 97's. Vintage looking too.

4. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

I couldn't find anything in M C or Speedway. What I want is something that will fit onto the fixed ball (.265 dia) on the right side of the carb. (opposite fuel inlet). I have good linkage to connect the two carbs. Look at the long rod that attaches to front carb. throttle lever. I wish I knew how to put an arrow on the piece.

5. alchemy

alchemy

6. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

Thanks you very much, just what I want.