Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my first car 1963 falcon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falcon14, Nov 19, 2013.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Heres a couple of my favs.

Attached Files:

3. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

4. falcon14

falcon14

hi guys the roll bar is finish[​IMG][​IMG]ed ,now were working on brake and gas lines

5. falcon14

falcon14

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. falcon14

falcon14

1. rear bars

Attached Files:

7. falcon14

falcon14

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

9. Mr. 360

Mr. 360

A few points;

- At 14, you've got a huge jump on most of us. I got my first vehicle -a '51 Willys Pickup- when I was 17 (I'm 25 now), also a project.

- Good for you for actually undertaking a project. Most kids now stick themselves in front of a screen and waste time. You're going to learn a ton with all this hands on experience, and you'll have something to show for it in the end!

- I'm sure you know this, but these kinds of projects take time. Don't worry if things slow down a little here and there.

- Don't be surprised if you get hooked, I still own that old Willys pickup, but I also restored a Grand Wagoneer, and have a '60 Willys pickup on the go. It's a fun hobby, and potentially cheaper than other hobbies.

- As others have said, enjoy the time with your dad, you'll be 25 before you know it.

- Lastly, your first car is usually your favourite (for most of us anyways). This Falcon is killer, and for a guy your age, it's really going to stand out in the crowd. Good for you, keep at it!

10. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

HES ALLREADY HOOKED !

my kid is 20 and the only thing he has to do is check his oil . but do you think he does ? ... too busy playing that Madden nfl thing , I wanna cut off his thumbs

11. falcon14

falcon14

thanks guys , as soon as the weather s a little better we'll be able to take the car for a little poke up and down our street,before we start doing lots of body work, the other day while I was at school my dad took a crack at fixing the tail light trim,we looked for one at hersey this year but couldnt fine one , it came out real nice

Attached Files:

12. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

hey man you tired of this weather yet ?

mabee I can inspire you,, Im prepping a new carb for this season and a fresh 351c on my run in stand.....

you got your fill of body work yet ? ed

13. rebstew187

rebstew187

14. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Nice to see the progress, and even nicer to see someone your age interested in the older vehicles and not rice rockets! I'm doing the body work on mine now, and it's always slow going for me. I much prefer doing fab and mechanical. I put '78 Mercedes Benz front fender lips from the wrecking yard on my rear radius.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

Heres my new carb on my current engine and the next powerplant.

Attached Files:

16. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

Had a productive evening at the shop yesterday , finished my header tubes , a little more welding and I can fire it up .

How are you commin ?

Attached Files:

17. Look'in good, nice to see young people building cars, especially with family.

18. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

You should start a build thread! I got confused and almost thought this was Falcon14's car! ;)

19. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

NO thanks... piks are to inspire falcon14 , hes young and could be afraid to try things, these and your piks as well show nothing is impossible .

20. falcon14

falcon14

futura63''Had a productive evening at the shop yesterday , finished my header tubes , a little more welding and I can fire it up .''

How are you commin ?.....wow headers look super cool,were plugging along slow its so cold out the warmer it gets the more we'll get done

21. dannyreckless

dannyreckless
    from PNW

Nice work Falcon14!!

22. wade57

wade57
    from BC Canada

Nice ride your building there falcon14. Radius wheel wells look good.

23. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

Looking great!! Keep the pictures coming

24. Way to go Aiden all your work will be worth it the first time you hit that gas pedal

25. Welcome from CT!

26. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Aiden: will look for the Falcon at the Shamrods Upper Cape Cruise night. Had a '62 years ago, loved that car.

27. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

Morning Aiden, weather sucks again here, we had a nice weekend and now back to snow .
    Iv been running my fresh engine on the stand so when it goes in the car its ready to make foot to the floor passes . I concreted this block so I had to add some capacity to my oil pan to help keep the oil temp normal . got that done over the week end now to get it on and check for leaks . Probly make the first couple events with the old engine then gear up for Junes Ford event at Norwalk .Keep plugging away the weather has to turn around soon .

Attached Files:

28. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

Hey 14,,, hows it comming ?