Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ** Stray Kat 500 / May 2, 3 & 4, 2014/ DEWEY, OK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Mar 19, 2014.

1. gonmad

gonmad

Maybe I'll drive my Camaro then......!! LoL!

Posted using the Kool kustom H.A.M.B. App!

2. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jimmy, I would rather you enter the pin up contest....

3. Well...now I really need to get my arse in gear and get the 55 Buick going...

I hate sticking voltage regulators...

4. 5fiver

5fiver

Carolyn and I are planning on meeting the group at Starbirds, will be driving either a blue or black something. A couple of oil changes and I think we will be ready?

5. gonmad

gonmad

WooHoo Mick!! So, I'm in?!? LoL!

Mike, Let me know when you are leaving man, might want to tag along with you if I can.

Posted using the Kool kustom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Henry VIII

Henry VIII
    from Tulsa OK

It'll be fun. Always is. I'm gonna blow the cobs outa the 32.

7. atomickustom

atomickustom

Let us know when you'll be at the museum. I might be one of the guys who meets the group there and follows back to Dewey if it's late enough in the day. (I haven't been there since 1998 or so!)

8. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We plan on leaving the host hotel around 9:00. Its a little over an hour drive so we
    will be at the museum around 10:30am. I'm sure guys will be gone by 1:00 to head
    back to Dewey for the Cook out.

9. We'll be down Friday. Spent some time with Ron last week at my place. This is what we were up to. Ron thinks I should tie this to the top of my 29 and bring it along!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bring it along, I gotta see that in person...

11. I just called the Fairfield Inn, and they said they are all booked up for that weekend.

I was able to reserve a room with a king size bed at the host hotel, Quality Inn for Thursday 5/1 - Sunday 5/4 for $109.99 per night. I did mention I was coming in for the Stray Kat 500 show.

Now, I need to mail my registration for the show!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very Kool, I'm looking forward to seeing ya. I will check on the Fairfield Inn, it had rooms last week.

13. Any Rebel Wire dealers coming to this show? If so, PM me please...I need to purchase a new wiring harness kit. Thanks

14. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

Mick-
    I met you last year when I tagged along with Dan Stears. I plan on being back this year in a 49 Chevy sedan and Dan is thrashing on his 32 Ford roadster and if the weather is half way decent (and Sharyl approves) he hopes to drive it. We plan to make the road trip to Starbirds but I may have to meet you guys there if I can't get away from KC early enough. Looking forward to better weather this year. Thanks for putting this together. Larry

15. WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! Been looking forward to the Stray Kat 500 since the last SK 500. Hope it isn't snowing this year.

16. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Hope to have the 55 Pontiac motor in for the trip, if not probably drive the wagon up.

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kool Rides will be at the show, I will see if they sell Rebel Wire.

Dan & Sharyl are one of the koolest couples out there. Glad your coming back to Dewey,
    Looking forward to seeing your Chevy. Lot more fun when your driving your own ride...

Wasn't that crazy weather last year. could not believe the guys that drove through snow
    to hang out with us. I was told by a good source that the weather this year will be Purrfect.
    Sounds good to me..

Sorry we couldn't cruise together down to Austin. Saw your wagon at the Round Up and
    it turned out kool, I'm surprised that you didn't sell it...

18. neb-rivet

neb-rivet
    from Nebraska

I am ready to attend. Vacation from work is arranged and we will be looking for the time to meet to drive to Starbird's. Please make it clear when and where to meet.
    This is my first time to a Stray Cat's meet. The variety of cars attending makes a great change from Good Guys and NSRA.

19. Are they letting Erie/Galesburg farmers in this year??:eek:

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kool to hear your making it too our event.

We will be Meeting at the host hotel (Quality Inn 222 SE Washington Blvd, Bartlesville, Ok
    The hotel is right off of 75 highway) Registration will open at 8:00 and we will be leaving at
    9:00 am. Starbird's Rod and Custom Museum is only 63 Miles away so it will take a little
    over an hour. We will be there before 10:30. The Museum is packed with Rods and Kustoms
    and a lot of kool history to check out. I would plan on spending at least two hours. There
    are restaurants in Vinita, Ok that if some one wanted to stop and eat on the way back.

Check out the link for a quick tour of what to expect at Starbird's Museum
    http://www.darrylstarbird.com/museum_tour.htm

Also we will have a free feed at Two Tall's and Rod's shop in Dewey and it will start at 5:00.
    You will have plenty of time to enjoy the cruise and have plenty of time to get back.

If you have any more questions just let me know...

Happy Trails, Mick

21. neb-rivet

neb-rivet
    from Nebraska

Thanks for the reply on the Starbird tour. I will be there with the International.

22. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Sorry we couldn't cruise together down to Austin. Saw your wagon at the Round Up and
    it turned out kool, I'm surprised that you didn't sell it...[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mick, I only saw you once as you were pulling out:(

23. Mick, are you still having the swap meet area? If so how much, and can we pay for a spot Friday when we get there?

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking forward to seeing ya guys. We don't have a designated area for a swap meet but we have guys brining parts for sale. Price is the same an entry fee and you can take care of it Friday when you get into town. If you have any more questions just let me know...

25. I'll brings goats to barter.:D

26. wide34

wide34
    from Texas

I was able to book a room this morning at the Fairfield for May 1 and 2 at the special rate. Seemed like really nice people. Looking forward to being there!

27. Weird. Maybe they had a cancellation since the day I called. Glad it worked out for you.

28. Sorry, but I think Micks rules are nothing past 1964:D:rolleyes:

Plus, no crappin on the carpet!!:eek:

29. o2beme

o2beme

Fyi weather forcast for stray kat friday sunny 70 saturday sunny 73 sunday sunny 76.rod gods are with us

30. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That the number one rule & number two, Please use the litter box....