Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Tail-lights and fender skirts for a period-correct 55 custom?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Dagenham Dave, Nov 19, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

Used 39 fords in my lady

2. rodl

rodl

Hey Dave, just found your thread, If you haven't ordered any spats yet contact Retro Rods Tiaro Qld. 07- 4129 2569 e: sales @retrorods.net.au They make them plain or louvered ( early to mid 60's fashion) Will cost around $250 inc. freight. I bought some for my 55 earlier this year - they're OK. also check out the OZ Customline Club, or the Early Ford V8 Club on line - you might get some ideas from there.
    Happy New Year from Qld.

3. Dagenham Dave

Dagenham Dave

Hey rodl.

I have ordered them and received them already, from KUSTOM CAR PARTS in the US. They were great to deal with, and I'm very happy with the spats.

Thanks for the info on the car clubs. I will definitely be looking them up.

Dave

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Dagenham Dave

Dagenham Dave

My car has been lowered (notched, tunnelled, and bagged), so that the rear is now sitting as low as it needs to at the back - approx. 1 and a bit inches at the same point as Jerry's in the back (ie, where the arrow is).

The rear ride height will come up to 2 inches (at that same point where I've inserted the arrow on Jerry's 52). With the front raised to the same height as Jerry's, it has a nice negative rake.

Once the overlay fender skirts go on, I think it's gonna be awesome. I am so happy with its stance. :cool:<O:p</O:p

low back.jpg Road clearance - 2 inches.jpg

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    spinner likes this.
  5. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

these are what i have on mine. olds with side spears.

Attached Files:

6. Dagenham Dave

Dagenham Dave

Nice... :cool:

7. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

I just put these on my '52 - like them? image.jpg

8. Dagenham Dave

Dagenham Dave

Sure do! They look great. What are they?

I'm still going for this though:

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1386153684.038924.jpg

9. Hey dave, I can't wait to see what you do with this car. My dad used to own it back in the mid 90's in Grants Pass, OR. I always thought it needed to be lowered more, even as a kid. Looks like you've got the stance nailed now. He also had it flamed to cover up rock chips from some shithead kids that were throwing rocks at cars on a freeway overpass. Haha.
    I have a 53 Victoria and I went with the 56 olds tail lights frenched in and am very happy with the look.

10. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

You won't believe this - '69-'73 Toyota Land Cruiser! - And other than drilling a few holes and making gaskets - it's a bolt on!! AND only $6 bucks each - kool huh??

11. Dagenham Dave

Dagenham Dave

Another picture of the stance after lowering:

front side smaller.jpg

spinner, hacknwhack and voodookustoms like this.
  12. Dagenham Dave

Dagenham Dave

:cool:

13. Dagenham Dave

Dagenham Dave

That's so awesome. I bought it from a guy in LA. Could he have bought it from your dad?

Still to do is change the rear taillights...

Here is a photo of the back of my (your dad's old) car:

image.jpg

I need to change the rear quarter panels - I have purchased both RR and LR tail-light quarter panels off a 53 Ford, and I have repro 53 tail-light assemblies and repro 53-54 Ford lenses from C&G Ford Parts (http://cgfordparts.com/ufolder/cgcat...t=B3AZ-13434-A) and the repro 54 (88) Olds lens from Fusick Automotives (http://www.fusickautomotiveproducts....ts.asp?dept=53).

For this look:
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1386153684.038924.jpg

I also need to shave the mirrors, remove the door buttons and install electric door poppers, install fender skirts, put full moon wheel covers on the front, and paint it all the dark green of the rear of my car, hence removing all the flames and pin-striping. According to enigma57, his "family had a new '54 Ford and the original paint was a very dark metallic green (Highland Green)......"

[​IMG]
    (http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/chipdisplay.cgi?year=1954&manuf=Ford&smodel=)

I do really like the dark green above.

I also want to relocate the rear license plate to the bumper.

Cheers,
    Dave

14. Hey I never saw your reply. No my dad traded it to a guy for another car. We lived in Oregon at the time.
    Have you made much progress with it?