Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need a Source for Pipe Reducer Bushings

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Root66, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Root66

Root66
    from Norcal

Not the typical hardware store type but the type shown at the bottom of the pic below.

Attached Files:

2. badsco

badsco

I have come across steel versions of those with electrical conduit, specifically around explosion proof and rugged/environmental boxes and fittings. Hope that helps.

3. Which size you need?

4. Are they npt? They look like conduit bushings but those are a straight thread. If they're npt I'd like a source as well

5. EARL"S,,maybe ?

6. badsco

badsco

7. srs1

srs1

ebay has several

8. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

Badsco is correct face or flush bushings npt can be found at any good plumbing supply these look like brass but are available in many types of materials

9. Root66

Root66
    from Norcal

That's the right idea but the wrong size...I need 1/2" NPT to 1/8" NPT and 3/8" NPT to 1/8" NPT. At least I now know what they're called.

10. Root66

Root66
    from Norcal

Link?

11. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

ACE is the place

12. 35WINDOW

35WINDOW

13. Those sizes may be tough to find; as a worst-case, you could get solid brass plugs and drill/tap them for the 1/8" fittings. What you'll usually find in these sizes is ones with a hex head to allow tightening the outside thread separately. Trying to use the 1/8" to tighten both will usually result in a stripped 1/8" thread.

I've used the hex-head types, installed them, then cut/ground the hex off. You might have to tap the 1/8" a bit deeper after doing this.

14. trbomax

trbomax

you can get allen socket head brass pipe plugs.these will have the advantage of centering the hole that you drill thru the center.