Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Kingpin & bushing kit troubles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasser dad #1, Apr 3, 2014.

1. gasser dad #1

gasser dad #1
    from Minnesota

I'm looking for a kingpin & bushing kit for a 1940 international harvester D2 truck. Speedway doesn't have a set for me, the local part stores and machine shop that services axels can't find me the parts, a guy who advertises to have old IH trucks parts says I will have to get them made. Do any of you HAMBsters have some information on where a guy may find a solution?

Any help is a blessing.

Thanks for reading.

2. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Check with a local machine shop and see what they would charge to make some for you. I'm sure there are some specs for sizes available online or from an IH guru, and they can be machined. I'm not sure where you are located, but there is an auto parts store in Grand Rapids, Michigan that has a ton of antique and obsolete parts in stock as well as they seem to be able to get just about anything. It's called Northwestern Auto Supply and I'm going to try to attach a link... http://www.northwesternautosupply.com/

If the link does not work here is their information: Northwestern Auto Supply, 1101 South Division Ave. Grand Rapids, Michigan 49507 Local phone: 616-241-5611 out of the area phone: 1-800-704-1078

You could also google: Northwestern Auto Supply Grand Rapids Michigan

Hope this helps.

3. gasser dad #1

gasser dad #1
    from Minnesota

Thanks for the tip. I will be looking into it today.

4. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

For front end & other parts, Try [email protected] or [email protected] They are good people to deal with, with big old warehouses full of NOS parts. But I find the best prices on ebay auctions, just not everytime. Sometimes the bid would go too high, I'd pass, and then a few weeks later I would get the parts very reasonable. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

5. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

Do a search on Ebay. Lots of NOS stuff shows up.

6. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Have you tried your local International dealer? They were a standard service part for years and they may still have them. I believe they used a solid axle in pickups and delivery vans up to the 70s.

7. Fenders

Fenders

8. gasser dad #1

gasser dad #1
    from Minnesota

that rockauto kit looks right but I need a .750" dia. that one was a bit too big it looks like.

9. gasser dad #1

gasser dad #1
    from Minnesota

Thank you. Email sent to both addresses.

10. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

You need to reference kanter auto products in nj they have a large supply of nos replacement parts for off brand vehicles

11. Poh

Poh
    from Quincy,Ca.

Maybe you can machine your axle and spindles to a more readily available kingpin kit...might be less $ than a guy might think..

12. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

^ that's the route I would take if you can't find what is needed. Have the axle and spindles machined for a Ford kit. Possible?

13. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

A "bit too big" is good, isn't it?

Have them turned down to your O.D.

14. 35desoto

35desoto