Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I agree i lost my big boy Max 3yrs ago and still miss him dearly!

2. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

the hardest part of caing for a anamial, is out living them.

3. They love you no matter what, they are allways glad to see you, they don't care if you are rich or poor. They really are the best of friends!

4. In a perfect world, our dogs would die the same day as us.
    I've owned two great dogs. Miss them both.

5. Blondie was my best . I miss her bad and she went every where with us but shes gone now for 18 mths. We just got a new dog still hasn't bonded but will come around .

Attached Files:

6. luckystiff

luckystiff

my ole girl Klare..... lost her fathers day 2009. she was 12 and had spent 11 of those years with me... she loved to ride in the wildcat(my daily for a big chunk of the time i had her) lab,gsp mix...

not being able to deal without the friendship/love a dog brings into your life i adopted Earl sept 2009. he an awesome boy with his quirks. likes to ride once you put him in the car hahaha. skidish but he was a 2 time resident at the place i adpoted him. born there and then found at the local pound by the rescue a year later after being adopted at 6 months. don't get many pics as he decided he was camera shy a year or so after he came to us. this boy makes my day and is laying to my left as i type this. he'll be 7 this year and i hope to god he's around at least that much longer. aussie,heeler,catahoula mix...

then we've got the crazy one. Eisley.... adopted her sept 2011. unfortunately she doesn't ride to well. actually has to have sedatives for longer trips. sucks because she wants to be where we are all the time. crazy as hell. i fell for the catahoula leopard dog when i found out Earl was part that. Eisley is full catahoula. born to hunt and hyper as all hell. but a really good girl at the same time. it's funny she goes bat shit when seeing another dog but she and Earl get along great...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  7. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

This is my not so little best friend Shiloh, he will be my back up in the dragster ( along with Tim the real car owner ) also he will be sitting shotgun in the Model T/ dog sled hauler. Shiloh is the future of my Dog sled team , he will have in his company Lead dog Buddy, swing dogs Sweetie and Pawnee, team dogs Chugiak Jack and Crowbar, and the work horse crew is Lakota and Shiloh. The pics are of me and Buddy,and Sweetie running the sled this winter, and Me and Shiloh in the dragster test fitting our seat and pedals. The single dog is Lakota my super work horse( the wheel dog ), Shilohs big brother, also I put in Story Time with The Iditarod book, we learn together. Hope you all enjoy them as much as I do . Beth

Attached Files:

8. Liquid Wrench

Liquid Wrench
    from Maine

Lucy, cruising in her new '56

[​IMG]

9. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

My stackable, space saving large breeds...I'm glad they let me borrow their ride for work. Someone has to make money to buy cookies.

Scarlet (scarbutt) & the Frank
    [​IMG]

10. Slimmey

Slimmey

My " 'ol man" patiently awaiting his new ride. I'd better hurry, he ain't getting any younger.

Attached Files:

11. no55mad

no55mad

This post is aging well. Henry, in the first post died 3 years ago (@ 14 yrs old) and we got Jager as Pepper's new buddy. He has to be physically removed once he's in the car - loves being a copilot. Now Pepper, in the first post, is 12+ so the new puppy Otto is on the scene.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  12. Both of my dogs love a ride. The little dog is ALL about the jeep.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396379283.336583.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. verde742

verde742

ok, your right !!

aging: when you can't trust a fart,

14. I have to keep the windows rolled up on all my cars cause if I leave them down I will find one if not 2 dogs sitting in there respected spots waiting to go a a trip heck driving up and down the driveway is good enough for them 2.

15. staleg

staleg

Spot on, isnt it?
    [​IMG]

firemancooter likes this.
  16. You know that cartoons right lol!

17. Here are my two last year. Unfortunately I lost the big dog, named Rocky (was with me through the toughest parts of my life), to IMHA in which the body starts attacking its own red blood cells. They can have the disease for a while and not even able to tell and can attack and kill within a day :(
    The little one is Eleanor, a big brat.

In the pictures you can see them helping me work on my VW Bus...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After Rocky passed we got this guy, named Murray
    Got him from a shelter that raided a puppy mill. First picture is what he looked like, second is when we brought him home and gave him a haircut.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  18. ra_brady

ra_brady
    from Louisiana

My little guy cruising with me in the Galaxie
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396972718.252840.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. Liquid Wrench

Liquid Wrench
    from Maine

Great pics here. Funny how spoiled dogs rock. Spoiled kids, not so much...

20. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

These dogs ain't spoiled! They are respected.

Somewhere I have a little sign that reads:

"Lord help me be the person my dog thinks I am."

I smile every time I see it.

Dogs are the best.

21. classic gary

classic gary

I'm making an assumption here. But I believe all dogs (and cats) go to heaven.
    I'm hoping all the dogs and cats I've had are lined up at the pearly gates when i get there.
    Then, as i walk by each one they can nod at St. Peter giving the OK (hopefully) to go on in........
    There are lots of people that don't deserve to go in by the way they treat their animals.

22. Liquid Wrench

Liquid Wrench
    from Maine

Right on!

23. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I will swear that a cat of 19 years which has been gone for 10 years still occasionally walks on me as I lay in bed...First few times I looked around for something now I just wait for him to finish...What a little pest he could be!..

24. luckystiff

luckystiff

we lost our 12yo 3 legged black cat last year to diabetes. she always slept between me and my wife with 3 little legs(she was kind of small) poking in my back. i don't know if i've had a truly decent nights sleep since she passed. i still think i hear her special 3 legged gate(if you've ever had a handi it sticks out) and occasionally think i see her outta the corner of my eye. she was the baby and everyone in the house(dogs included) treated her as such. i'm more of a dog guy but i sure miss that little cat...

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

My kid of 18 years before the girlfriend and dogs moved in was my very regal, almost thirty pound grey Tabby named Samm... He's been gone almost 6 years now, but I too swear I hear him walking about at night. I sure miss him.

26. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

I can't remember if I posted this before or not - I've got a case of CRS, Can't Remember Shit!:D

My 100 lb. blonde Lab, Sooner in his favorite position in my truck - on my lap!
    [​IMG]

And on our boat with "mom"
    [​IMG]

He's 11-1/2 now and I know what that means with a big dog, and it just kills me to think of it. His predecessor was "Dudley" a black Lab and my lifetime best friend before Sooner came along to challenge.

ALL dogs are better than ALL humans. I firmly believe it and there are too many examples just in my own life... not to mention all the awesome dogs in this thread alone.

27. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

were off to a local car show in the morning so we thought we would take the pup with us, so I fitted another seat belt mount for her harness today and we all went for a ride to try it out......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

k

28. Something about dogs in and around old cars that just makes me smile. Two of my favorite things in this life.

29. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Wow you got 18 yrs out of a thirty pounder, ya done good...My Tuxedo was 24# but only made it to ten..Miss him too..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.