Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Texas nostalgic drags & rod run, april 11 & 12

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chettar, Mar 27, 2014.

1. chettar

chettar

IF YOU LIKE NOSTALGIC DRAGS TEXAS STYLE DON'T MISS THIS ONE!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  2. chettar

chettar

This poster by Jeff Norwell has been reproduced as a 17' X 24" Giclee Canvas mounted, framed, oil finish picture that is being listed on the H.A.M.B. as an auction item. It will be on display at Ryan's booth at the Lone Star Round Up for review. We will also be there in the Cackle Fest area with our 1940 Chevy G-Gas coupe to provide more information about our event on April 11th and 12th. This Eddie Hill print will be on sale at our event along with a tee shirt with a similar looking picture.

3. Marcy

Marcy

Good event. Hope more Austin area cars and clubs make it out---the last couple of years have been Houston dominated. ;)

Marcy

4. chettar

chettar

This is not only a Nostalgic Drags and Rod Run it is a Patriotic event to honor our service men and women both past and present. We Sponsor "Operation Military Embrace" a non-profit organization who provides services for our wounded/ recovering veterans and their families. ANY Active duty service personnel, or wounded/ recovering veterans and their families receive FREE admission. The Patriot Guard Riders post hundreds of unit flags honoring veterans from WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom and Afghanistan along with posting the Wall of Honor with the pictures of all Texas service personnel who made the Ultimate Sacrifice since 2004. We are also honored to have the Freedom Flight group do a Missing Man Formation fly over after the National Anthem. It truly is a day to remember, bring your camera!!

5. chettar

chettar

Event held in Sealy, Texas on April 11th & 12th,2014

6. chettar

chettar

7. chettar

chettar

Don't miss seeing many of the "Legends" of the drag strip from the 50's, 60's and 70's who made drag racing what it is today, names like; Johnny Leibham, Willis Ragsdale, "Buggs" Threadgill, Bobby Knighton, Willard Buff, J.E. Kristic, "Hands" running buddy Joe White, Bing Crosby along with many, many more.

8. As you were stating Marcy.....this is a short drive for the Austin crowd....so, if you like nostalgia type racing....support it....or it will go away....short drive for a good event:D

We will be taking the Flathead FED to see what I can wring out of it....

Thanks Chet for pulling all of this together:cool:

9. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Hang in there Skot. I know it's going to be tough after that loss to the "Lil Rebel". lol

We will be there for sure. The "Lil Rebel" will be looking for his next race. Can't wait.

10. seatex

seatex

The LOOSERS! Will be there!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. back on up to the top

12. The Living Legends of Drag Racing will be there with several nitro cars supporting the event and our soldiers. It is a really fun event.

13. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Sounds like a good time !

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. one more week....first Saturday after Roundup!!!

15. OK, you sorry cheating Rebel group.....I saw that you put an ohv engine in there and tried to get it past me:eek:....Soooo, I've upped the anti.....I've got Don Ross in the Scorpion 1 Dragster to fill in for me:rolleyes:.....and he has some of those funny BIG valve covers on that Hemi.....We'll show you danged ol Rebels a thing or two:eek:.....hahaha

For those who haven't seen the video .....check out "Lil Rebel Texas Thaw" on YouTube .....the future of drag racing at 6 years old....had a blast pulling this "race" off:D

This SATURDAY .....Saturday .....Saturday ....old timey racing fun at Sealey, Texas.....be there....be there:D

16. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Skot - You can't hold it against James when your running that Margarita Mixer on top of that motor with the upside down valves. ha :)

The "Little Rebel" is ready and was real excited to hear of his match race with Scorpion 1. That's his favorite car (It's black and has the cool scorpion on it).

James infiltrated the "Scorpion Camp" at the THAW and got a peek at his competition. Watch out

[​IMG]

17. Back on to the top....only a few days till the smell of smoke and fuel fills the air:D

18. Back to the top....

Several "real nostalgia guys are loaded up and will be leaving out Friday

Looking for more to join us....drag yourself out and come on down....watching counts as well:D

19. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Hate missing this deal. Had fun there a couple of years ago and it looks like it's continuing to grow into another great event.
    Have fun guys and be safe.

20. Marcy

Marcy

Here's this year's shirts---artwork by Norwell of course!
    [​IMG]

Marcy

21. Well, dang it Tim, I was getting ready to check on you when I found this....see ya soon

22. Marcy,
    That looks real good.....I'll be in line
    Wouldn't that car be a hoot to drive:D

23. OK, boys and girls....there is a big lot full of Cool cars.....only missing "you":rolleyes:...there is still time for you last minute procrastinators :D.....come one, come all....gonna be a fun time today

24. captmullette

captmullette

can I order a shirt

25. I'd be interested in ordering one as well if available.

26. Little windy but a great day for racing. Good mix of hotrods, full-size cars, gassers, altereds, and FEDs. My friends and I had a great time, this is the second year we have gone to this event. Anyone have any pics to post?

27. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

A good event shirt starts with a good design. However I've seen good designs butchered by a shirt printer who gets in a hurry or uses cheap shirts. I'm sure the finished product for this design will be kickass. The finished product for the DADDYO 54 shirt was just that. Great job.

28. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

I wish I was there this weekend. I'm here in Missouri because of a friend's untimely death. I would be buying a shirt if I was there. I have a good collection of event shirts; but I could use another. I hope the event does well.

29. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

lets see some pictures guy's:)

30. saltracer

saltracer