Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Does the HAMB really need another shoebox build thread?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Big A, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

The dashboard is looking great !

2. I have a heater, but it only heats in celcius. Next time I'm in the gool ol' US of A I'll snag one that heats in fahrenheit. ;)

We don't need running water, we have good beer. :D

3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That dash has managed to put this build over the top. Absolutely killer work. Hope I get to see it in person one day.

4. Andrew, your eye does not betray you. The new wings do a great job of blending the dash into the doors.

5. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

excellent solution! love the split pipes man... you had me wondering but im convinced your vision is keen ;)

6. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

7. I like it! You should think about a career in design or something.;)

8. Or a career as a custom car builder. Car is Looking good Andrew.

9. Looking good, I may join the custom crowd myself, you can come help.

10. Not sure how much money I could make pumping out one half-assed car every decade or so. :rolleyes:

Custom? What ya got up your sleeve Tyler?

11. coming along nicely. here in the deep south (of the deep south) its up to 80 degrees already. you should come down to visit sometime, maybe let your socks thaw out some..

12. Yeah, I miss living in Georgia. Thanks for rubbing it in. :D

13. It finally warmed up enough this weekend to be able to work without a snowmobile suit on, so of course that meant one thing... yard work. :rolleyes:

I did get some garage time in and managed a little more progress on the dash. Got the ends pretty much figured out...

[​IMG]

Lots of grinding, I think it looks pretty spiffy...

[​IMG]

I'm always surprised when I actually get the second side to look pretty much like the first...

[​IMG]

Got the wings in and more than tacked. Got a lot of grinding and finishing to do...

[​IMG]

I'm a lot happier with the look now that they're in place. I think it flows well, doesn't look too cheesy...

[​IMG]

And they flow around nicely, if I may say so. Look like they belong there...

[​IMG]

If the weather will stay warm for while I might get these things smoothed out and in primer in the next month. Dare to dream :D

14. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

15. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Great work,Andrew!

16. looking good, I really like the door pieces. Looks like you left enough room for paint too.

Should be fun to paint and upholster, you will have a lot of options. Maybe engine turned inserts between them. Or, or, or...
    I don't want to spoil my custom surprise until it's a done deal.

17. EBW

EBW

Wow.. You really made that work well !! Impressive

18. RamJet1

RamJet1

Very cool, looks fantastic.

19. jerseymike

jerseymike

very nice! probably alot more work than you thought, but definitely worth the time and effort. just a reminder, leave a little space at the lower edge to tuck the top of the door panel behind. cars looking really cool!

20. hacknwhack

hacknwhack
    from mass

Awsome

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. nice work Andrew, the dash looks great in there

22. Thanks for the inspiration on this part of my build, Mike. I knew it wasn't going to just drop in but it was a fair bit more work than I'd thought. There is room left for the door panels, and the dash and garnish moldings will still come out and in with a few screws and couple of bolts.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Much appreciated.

23. lookin' sweet man. heh, snowmobile suit, im wearing shorts man..:rolleyes::D

24. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

25. Nice work ............. pretty big job but worth it!

26. 2BROKE

2BROKE

Dig it man. Just picked up a 50 POS. Trying to get something started.

27. Another 2 weeks has passed, so I should have a lot done to show off, right? Wrong.

Driver's side is pretty much done...

[​IMG]

The hole is to access the mounting screw. It will get a plug of some sort...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What's that saying about piss poor planning? If I'd planned my angles correctly I wouldn't have had to do this little filler panel, but it turned out ok.

[​IMG]

If the creeks don't rise, maybe next weekend I can do some filling, sanding and primer. Maybe.

28. Looks fine Andrew. Sometimes ya just gotta wing it as ya go. Never know when 'inspiration' will strike.

29. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

....man, that's the cat's ass, Andrew...true customizing right there...

30. jerseymike

jerseymike

looks great! making one off parts rarely come out perfect on the first try. if you didn't point it out, no one would have ever noticed. this kind of work is what separates true customs from the rest of the crowd. keep it up!