Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Liam-B

Liam-B
    from Melbourne

Yeah, that's definetly factory. there is supposed to be F O R D badging in the B pillar there but my Ute has had most of the badges shaved by a previous owner. There are slight appearance differences to a ranchero from the same era but
    they are basically the same car.

2. fca2572

fca2572
    from Texas

I just brought this home from Kansas

Attached Files:

droppedstepside and mikeey rat like this.

3. That will make a great little parts hauler !

4. falconeer

falconeer

FCA, that was one of the Falcons that was for sale from the estate of an fca member, right? Started to follow up on that one. Oh well, I have a 65 sedan delivery( orig. v-8) a 65 2 dr wagon and a 62 2 dr dlx wagon. Looks like that was a real nice 61 sedan delivery. Where in Texas did it go???? Are you going to keep it stock or drop a v-8 in it??

Butch Evans(Falconeer)
    Thomasville NC

5. Liam-B

Liam-B
    from Melbourne

Nice one! Sedan deliveries are quite rare anywhere these days. Good find!

They are quite rare here in Australia as well, there are a few being restored that I know of though.

6. Cooon

Cooon

Hey Liam I am mates with old Sam Camel you know over there. With the 64 Galaxie Wagon. How is your sedan going?

7. Liam-B

Liam-B
    from Melbourne

Ah nice one, small world! Sams all good, we pulled the 289 out of the wagon awhile ago so he could tidy a few things up on it.

As for the Falcon sedan, I am putting the interior back in this weekend. Probably going to sell it though as a finished car at some stage soon. I dont really want to though but need funds.

My Ute is getting the V8 conversion done at Easter, stay tuned. I think I have seen your cars on oldschool?

8. Cooon

Cooon

Yep thats the one, how I know Sam pretty much from oldschool. And Alice she was kicking round Napier for a little while.

Keep up the good work, your ute is awesome. Keen to do a similar style to a ranch wagon..

9. Any V8 swapping Falcon owners in So. Cal have a good running 170/200 I6 engine laying around for sale?

10. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Is that a Y block?? Cool!

11. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

A guy that works down the street from where I live just picked this one up and put several K into it. There are a number of falcons here in Burbank, but this one is the first I can say I've ever liked. It's convinced me these little guys can look bad ass.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398556171.702404.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398556190.559725.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398556203.012828.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398556215.570347.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398556227.751597.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

droppedstepside likes this.
  12. DAGONITWIT

DAGONITWIT
    from NO VA

13. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Getting ready for paint as soon as my motor and trans arrives...playing with a few ideas for the wheels, brushed lugs and silver center. Also working a few options on the handles and trim...going for an aluminum look which will also be done on the bumpers.

Attached Files:

droppedstepside and Phillips like this.
  14. Falcon61wagon

Falcon61wagon
    from Indiana

Got to take my brothers 63 for a spin on Sunday. My wagon is still on jack stands and going to be there for awhile. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1403065966.077977.jpg

Posted using my Big THUMB on a small screen!

Attached Files:

15. sdg

sdg

Great ride height. Looks good!

16. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Quick Question actually its a two parter. I heard that strut rods were not suppose to be reused is that true? I have mine off and one of them has slightly striped threads in the middle and question reusing them. My second question is about the bushings. I bought the energy bushings for the strut rods but they are so thick do they work good? I heard they were stiff so I was thinking I could use half energy bushings and half rubber, would that work?

17. You can reuse strut rods, no problem, long as they aren't bent; but I'd bee leery of threads that were stripped because that could make adjustment difficult.
    I dunno' about the brand of bushings you're talkin' about- I used Dennis Carpenter bushings on mine.
    The new ones were way thicker than the worn out old ones.
    Here's a shot of my bushings (with new not bent strut rods) from a couple of years ago:

[​IMG]

18. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a new one, with no basis in fact. They are not a wear item. Unless damaged, there is no need to replace them. It does sound like you have a damaged one, though.

What year is your car? Later Falcons have the same strut rods as Mustangs, so yo can just get new ones, in that case for the damaged one, or both.

Do NOT use polyurethane bushings on the strut rods. They prevent suspension movement when used there.

If you have a roundbody Falcon, I don't believe that Energy Suspension even has a part number for these, and later ones will not work. They are too thick, and have a different inward profile.

Also, if you have a roundbody Falcon, there is supposed to be a steel sleeve inside the bushings. If that is missing, and the bushings are worn, that may have allowed the rod to come in contact with the chassis bracket, causing wear to the threads, and the chassis bracket.

If that is the case, you should repair the bracket, and replace the strut rod.

19. Falcon61wagon

Falcon61wagon
    from Indiana

Does any one know if a new plastic insert, like this one, is available for the deluxe fomoco fender mirror. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1404149971.975079.jpg

20. Dearborn classics, falconparts.com, Mac's all may have the emblem. Not sure though.

21. 90awdeclipse

90awdeclipse
    from Us

I love the way your brothers car sits. Can I please get some specs on suspension?

22. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

I posted my '60 a few years back, but its been updated since oiling down mokan at the HAMB drags in '12.. It's now sporting a dart iron eagle 331" with iron trick flow high ports, solid roller, shaft rockers and a GMC 6-71.. Still has the toploader.. Put down 794 at the wheel and weighs 2330#. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1404414832.493446.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1404414848.598948.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1404414863.516996.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1404414877.841702.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1404414895.480093.jpg

23. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

that thing is a monster ! love it

24. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Love that blown falcon!

25. Falcon61wagon

Falcon61wagon
    from Indiana

Instead of cutting 50 year old coils he bought 3" drop coils from Dearborn did the Shelby drop, running 5.60-13 tires all around, and 3" blocks in rear with 3rd leaf removed in a 5 pack leaf. Cut down the bump stops and air shocks in the rear. Rockers are about 5 1/2" off the ground.

26. I'm going to be doing some lowering and suspension upgrades to help with driving my otherwise stock 62 4 door. I'm going to drop it 3 inches with the help of front coils from Dearborn and blocks. I am doing the "Shelby Drop" and doing the bearing upgrade on the spring/shock mount up front. New steering and suspension replacement parts. Frame reinforcement and connectors. Export Brace and Monte Carlo Bar. Anything else suggested?

27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Add adjusters to the lower control arm mounts, so you can get a proper alignment.

28. 61falcon

61falcon

a photo from early spring

[​IMG]

falcongeorge likes this.
  29. MRK

MRK

30. skipperman

skipperman

Here's my 65 .... Ain't done yet but GETTIN' THERE !!! Shelby drop, HOT 289,konis,bars, etc, etc ... etc .... falcon020.JPG falcon019.JPG