Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration **The LEGENDS NOSTALGIC DRAGS Auction!**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Mar 27, 2014.

1. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Last I looked this was a sticky... So no bump needed? lol

2. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow... Eddie Hill on the HAMB. Welcome aboard sir!

3. Welcome to the HAMB Mr. Hill! :cool: Great video, thanks for the link. Though I just about wet myself riding along with you on the video! :eek:

But this isn't exactly your first time turning left and right. I remember watching you and Ed McCulloch running the Fast Masters Series on the "modified" oval at Indianapolis Raceway Park in 1993 driving Jaguar XJ220s. :D

4. Welcome aboard Mr Hill.......Will be great to have your input to this outstanding site.

5. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Saw you run the twin engine Pontiac powered side by side at Vance AFB here in Enid OK. That was a hell of along time ago. Welcome aboard sir!

6. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

anyone have a video? I would like to see

7. chettar

chettar

Folks, just a little reminder today, Sunday, April 6th at 6:00PM the auction on the Eddie Hill "Double Dragon" Giclee oil canvas print will end so take advantage while there is still time to own this once in a lifetime offer. Remember there will only be 2 of these prints ever produced, one for Eddie Hill's museum and the other for you! All proceeds go to the HAMB!!

8. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Since the second Page is all about the car I figured I would bump the winning bid....

Currently the winning bidder is spuds with a bid of $450

It really is an awesome print

9. Hostile 34

Hostile 34

Hope it doesn't rain next weekend. I wonder how tech is gonna be with cars we drive every day and want to make a pass. I don't have a cage and not gonna ever put one in but would like to make 1 run. I'm driving it to Columbus then to Sealy from here in Cut-N-Shoot Texas. If anyone has info let me know. Thanx and hope to see everyone there.

10. chettar

chettar

Next to LAST CALL only 25 minutes left on the auction! Nows the time to Gitty Up or Gitty Out!

11. chettar

chettar

Hostile 34 we will run under IHRA rules which are not as strict as NHRA (thank God) which only requires a helmet and fire extinguisher with no fire retardent clothing or roll bars until we get into the Bad Boy 9's or less rides. All 9.999 and under will race 1/8 mile, all over will run 1/4 mile. However if you are just running for Giggles and Grins during the Test and Tune session and not going to compete in the ET Class Nostalgic Drags you can run for time in either the 1/8th or 1/4.

12. chettar

chettar

10 minutes left in the auction and Spuds is still high bidder at $450!!!!!!

13. chettar

chettar

EDDIE HILL "DOUBLE DRAGON" GICLEE CANVAS PRINT AUCTION HAS ENDED WITH THE WINNING BIDDER BEING SPUDS AT $450.OO

Many thanks for everyones interest and to those that bid the HAMB appreciates your participation!

14. belair

belair

GRRRR - I mean YAY, congratulations Spuds.

15. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

I thought it would take more than that to take it away from Texas!!!!

16. belair

belair

It almost did-but congrats. We still have Eddie :)

17. old drag dad

old drag dad
    from texas/pa

WOW
    Happy to see Eddie still out there and racing.
    Looking forward to dragging the old heap out to Sealy Friday.
    Didn't do all that well last year.
    Seems like it went a lot straighter 40 years ago.
    Or maybe with age there comes a bit of wisdom.

18. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

B'yoootiful ART!!

19. One of the coolest pictures I have is of Eddie's Twins running against Tommy Ivo's twin Buick car at Rod Field Dragway a long long time ago.

My dad, Fred Perrenot, ran that drag strip for a few years and brought Eddie and Ivo's car in for a best of 3 match race. As with most of those type races, they always went all 3 rounds. I believe Eddie won round 1 and 3.

Welcome aboard Eddie

Brian Perrenot

20. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Brian, we would love to see that photo….hint hint!!

21. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

Yes !!!

22. Great video! thanks for posting... brings back memories, except for the kicking everyone's butt part.. We were at Hallet when a snow storm blew in a few years ago trapping everyone at the track. Formula Vee event...

23. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Hey Eddie. I have a hat around here somewhere you autographed for me in Denver at the Mile High Nats. Welcome aboard. :)

Eddie was signing autographs and I was next in line, when the crew grabbed him for the ride to the staging lanes. He grabbed my hat and said "Hop in". Signed my hat on the way down to staging. Now THAT's taking care of the fans...:)

Got an autograph from Ercie too that weekend I think, but the dog declined to sign! ROFL...

That was the year the guy racing against Don Prudomme {Don Gay jr.} if I remember right, smacked the wall and blew up on the top end and Don jumped out of his funny, ran across, and helped rip the burning car off of him when it finally coasted to a stop.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014