Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 32 ford 5 window find Whats it worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigbangtheory, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Probably $20-25K for the body and another $7500-$10K in chassis there.

2. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

When in doubt about anything '32 check with 3W Larry here on the HAMB, our resident '32 Guru and the president of the Deuce Club I'm surprised he hasn't posted on this thread.

3W Larry was one of the guys that I had hoped would chime in and let me know what he thought. By the way, the car does come with a 32 ford title also. Don't think I have mentioned that.

3. Got a photo of the hood? original or aftermarket? 20 or 25 louver? HRP

4. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

The Lobeck chassis is a plus even if you don't use it. (I would keep it) Cars in this shape in the LA market would bring a lot more than $25K. I know of a couple that have sold for $35K + in the last year and didn't have a new chassis. I have seen bodies only at the LARS bring $25K. I hope you get the car for the price you have in mind.

5. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

No photo of the hood. It is an original hood, don't know how many louvers it has though. I was to excited looking at the rest of the car to notice.

6. REAL Steel car...you have to buy it. After its yours...make your decision...Traditional or Street Rod. If its the latter, part out the frame etc.(a lot of takers here already) and use the proceeds to build it your way, but you gotta get the body and everything that's left of the original car with it. Have fun...thats why we do it....your not going to lose on this one.

7. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

Well I hooked up my trailer and took some cash and went and saw the man about the car. I am proud to say I am the owner of a 5 window coupe. It is to dark to take more pics to post but I will try to get some tomorrow. This is the first time in 26 years that the car has been outside his barn.

8. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Happy dance, happy dance!

9. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

GOOD FOR YOU! I'm glad you pulled the trigger and got it! Keep us posted on what you're doing with it.

10. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Great news. Color me jealous. Keep the pics coming.

11. A Rodder

A Rodder

Ill be the dick.
    Can you give us a "give or take"number.

IF your flipping it I understand how you would like to keep that quiet.

From the 32 guys, it sounds like 20k was a steal, 25k was still good, 28ish was still fair and 30k wasn't unreasonable really.

Cool car!

12. Roadsir

Roadsir

Congrats! I can imagine you are excited after all these years. Look forward to seeing some pictures!, it will be a great car to build.

13. scotti32

scotti32

Wow, awesome score, well done. Keen to see more pics and details of the build.:)

14. congrats.... still looking for mine

15. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Those look better not chopped. And look awesome channelled! Good luck. Take your time and build it well.

16. brady1929

brady1929

Congrats. Welcome to the deuce club.

17. not dead yet

not dead yet

25 to 30k is in the ball park even in the midwest. Where will you get a chance to get another opportunity for origional steel. Don't be stingy...if you want it jump on it. You will get your money back if you change you mind down the road. I have seen coupe bodies go for 22 k. Good luck.. you won't regret it to get one of the holy grail.

18. blucarspeed

blucarspeed
    from oregon

we all know these cars are not on every street corner. If you bought that car for 30k I would be surprised and happy for you. good luck with it.

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I would have gladly paid 30K for that car....then, I would sell off the fenders and running boards, chassis, and kept only the body, hood and grille. Congrats if you got it for less.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

OK.......I paid less than 30K for the car but more than 25K. The guy I bought it from was happy with what he got and I was extremely happy with what I got. I hope this helps those who were curious about what I paid. Now...... I have a line on another steel 5 window hiboy, chopped 3 1/2 inches, channeled a little bit, 350,350, but it is on a what I think is a 33 or 34 chasis. To me it looks kind of goofy but it comes with a complete 32 chasis, dropped front axle, ford 9 inch, all the brakes. I think I can get this one around 21K or a little less. The 32 Gods are smiling on me! I don't have any pics of this car. What do you guys think? The body on this one looks decent but I know it has some mud in it.

21. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I THINK YOUR BEING BLESSED TOO MUCH...hehehehe...........a man can never have too many '32's....can he?

22. I think that when it rains, it pours and you would be remiss to not pick it up, if you can afford it.

Once the dust settles, inventory what you have, and I would be surprised if you do not end up getting a VERY good deal on your deuce(s)!!!;)

23. A Rodder

A Rodder

I guess by all the responses to your original inquiry, you know the second deal is a deal!

Good on you for being in the right place at the right time.

24. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

patiently waiting on pics...

25. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

I am supposed to go and see the car again tomorrow so I will take my camera and get some pics. It's an ugly purple and white but I can fix ugly.

26. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Can't wait to see pics. First one was a great deal.:cool:

27. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

I went and looked at the other 5 window today and I can't believe my luck. Should have it home tomorrow. I found both of these cars within 20 miles of my house. A buddy of mine passed on this car and told me about it. I told him he was an idiot for not getting it. Like I said before the car is on a 33 or 34 chassis (I think that is what it is) but I got the 32 chassis with the car. 100_3737.jpg

100_3738.jpg

100_3739.jpg Here are some pics.

28. The frame under the coupe just might be a Chevy frame,,Ford only offered a transverse spring in 33/34,,this frame has 4 leaf springs. HRP

29. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Not only that, but the firewall is from a 33/34 Ford pickup. :eek:

30. I didn't even notice that,but you are correct. HRP