Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Donor car question for 1941 Cadillac sedanette

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41CadillacTramp, Apr 5, 2014.

1. 41CadillacTramp

41CadillacTramp

I'm trying to figure out the best option for a donor car for my 1941 Cadillac sedanette.
    The front track width is supposedly 59" and the back is 63"
    (If I'm wrong I welcome a correction)
    Was wondering if anyone has ever replaced the front clip on this car? And if so what was used.
    I've been told a 2nd generation camaro would work but I wanted to do more research before I committed to buying something. Also will be using the motor and tranny out of the donor if possible. So I'd like to stick with a gm motor. And preferably something that has readily available parts since this will be a driver.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

63cadi likes this.
  2. swe64

swe64

this is what i did 1962 cadillac 390,1949 engine mount berdsen adapter plate 700r4 overdrive only mod is new trans mount.dont cut if it is good frame is my advice
    if you want 3 pedals berdsen have kit for this allso.
    here in sweden is one 1941 caddilac with 3peed lasalle and 365 cad engine

Attached Files:

3. Curly5759

Curly5759
    from Aridzona

I used an 81 Camaro front end. I didn't do the install, someone else did. Fit fine.
    Attached are 2 pics, right after the subframe was installed, and the completed car. You can see the motor mount mods in the pic, as well as the front end sheet metal support coming off of the crossmember. The flat bar added across the front end was for mounting the bumper. I am running a 350/350 combo with an unknown "F" body rear axle.(Camaro/Firebird... it was free.:D)

Edit: if you look close, you can see the join/weld of the original cad frame and the camaro subframe. Lower left in pic.
    Edit #2: Rear axle was too narrow, had to add wheel spacers. My first build, had a lot to learn.

Curly

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  4. 41CadillacTramp

41CadillacTramp

Thanks for the info :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!