Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ***Annual Mid-West HAMB-B-Q 2014***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nate, Mar 12, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

As many of you know, our good friend and pork smoker extraordinaire NoSurf is on the lamb... last we heard there were reports of gravel spraying in a westward direction, bullets spraying in an eastward direction and a tall man in a short coupe yelling something about "coppers" and "ain't going back to prison".

So the question on everyone's mind is "What about the HAMB-B-Q!?!?!"

Have no fear friends! We are going to do our best to carry the tradition on!

The BBQ will be in beautiful McLouth KS this year! We kicked around several ideas about location and this seemed to be the best. I know it's further for some of you guys, but for the KC/Lawrence and Missouri guys it'll be much closer.

The date is April 26, the location is Rose Park. map:
    <iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.com/?t=h&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=39.199045,-95.210102&amp;spn=0.001725,0.003559&amp;z=19&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://maps.google.com/?t=h&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=39.199045,-95.210102&amp;spn=0.001725,0.003559&amp;z=19&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>
    Of course I have to thank Jay and his family for hosting us all these years, I hope we can make it half as good as they did.

We are planning breakfast at first watch in Lawrence at 9:00 Saturday morning.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&amp;client=firefox-a&amp;channel=sb&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;q=First+Watch&amp;fb=1&amp;gl=us&amp;hq=first+watch&amp;hnear=0x87bf40c7ce479883:0x151713d50478ab2e,Lawrence,+KS&amp;cid=10092054105411170180&amp;t=h&amp;iwloc=A&amp;ll=38.936907,-95.260106&amp;spn=0.006295,0.006295&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&amp;client=firefox-a&amp;channel=sb&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;q=First+Watch&amp;fb=1&amp;gl=us&amp;hq=first+watch&amp;hnear=0x87bf40c7ce479883:0x151713d50478ab2e,Lawrence,+KS&amp;cid=10092054105411170180&amp;t=h&amp;iwloc=A&amp;ll=38.936907,-95.260106&amp;spn=0.006295,0.006295&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

after that we will have a short cruise back to the park where we'll get ready for lunch around 2:00 PM. If you want to come and stay over Friday night just let me know, we'll have stuff to do!

Also, if you can bring any side or dessert let me know, we will provide the Meat, drinks and plates/cups..etc..

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  2. Cool, we will look into the trip. Lil Bro is living in Tulsa now so it might make a good weekend.

3. Right on Tman! I forgot to say, our house is right there on the corner of W.Gertrude and Memory Ln and if anyone needs to crash here Friday night we've got lots of options, also Zach is 6 miles to the west and he could probably take a couple boarders.

4. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

This is good to hear! I would hate to have my coupe running but with no place to go

Sent from my GT-P3113 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

Cool. I've never been in the past. I've got an AD I'm working on but don't think I'll have it running though. I've actually been to McClouth a couple of time, both times were to buy parts from two seperate guys, must a rodders town.

6. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Nate...that sounds great and I appreciate you taking on the BBQ. Very much looking forward to it!! Let me know if you need anything.... Bugs

7. So far the response has been pretty great! If you want to bring a food to go with the provided meat let me know but don't feel obligated there will be plenty!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

My goal is to be there! Thanks for continuing the tradition!

9. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

It's finally a little closer to me but I'm out of state in the wrong direction. I'm quite disappointed. Have fun.

10. We are planning on being there!
    Probably just bringing the van, with 5 kids!

Maybe a mini bike.. or two.

11. You would win the furthest traveled! :D

12. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Nate....any camping or stay over spots there at the park or close by??

13. we've got room for a few here, I have some couches in my office, also the gypsy wagon if anyone wants it. We've got a big enough yard for some tents too, or bring a cot and sleep in the shop. Zach has room for tents in his field too I'm sure. send me a PM to let us know what you need and we'll make it happen!

14. kscarguy

kscarguy

Well, I'll be darned, that's close to me! I'd better put it on my calendar.

FYI - there is a camp ground in Bonner Springs (30 minutes East of McLouth) Right south of I-70 on K-7. However, It might be noisy since they are doing road construction and it is close to I-70.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  15. NoSurf

NoSurf

It's gonna be a HOOT!

Sorry I won't be able to make it. :(

16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

It's Sarah's birthday so we are most definitely coming! Hopefully J shows up as a surprise and Sarah and I show up in something made by Americans.

17. That's a Dad Gum shame. We knew it was a longshot but I did have super special prize for the furthest traveled (first hot dog off the grill :cool:) It won't be the same without you but we'll soldier on.

18. Bump with breakfast details in the first post.

19. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Nate....that looks like the "Dust Bowl Spl." with a jug of my homebrew in the trunk!! LOVE IT!!!!! :D

20. Might be in for this...

21. We are out, Carla is planning a trip back to MN to see the family. We will see youse all at the HAMB Drags! Skipping Speedweek sadly this year.

22. Bugsy, there's good reason it looks like the DBS!!

Tman, we'll miss you, see you at the drags!

23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I can just imagine Bugsy and the roadster around a camp fire with a canvas tent on mikes yard.

24. Nate that drawing rules! Stoked for this!

25. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

We just might make it this year (kid's change things). I have it on the calendar with all the stuff going on.......I will share it on "social media" as the date get's closer. I might be able to fire up my smoker for some side dishes.....Smoked mac & cheese? Pork Butt?

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

26. Right on Chris! We hope you can make it, we'll have some stuff for the little guys to do too.

We're going to do our best to have enough food for everyone but anything anyone brings is great.

27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396623364.178805.jpg

Really looking forward to this, Sarah's birthday is the 26th and we have tried to have the 46 at the BBQ the last two years. This year we are pushing it but a few hours before work every day and hopefully we make it with days to spare :)

28. zach

zach
    from NE KS

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  29. dadsdreamcar

dadsdreamcar

Sounds like a great time and a good way to meet some fellow hambers in the area! Count me in!