Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Big B auto?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thechondro, Apr 4, 2014.

1. So about ten years ago I bought a pair of valve covers when I was around 20 years old from a booth at the pomona swap meet in pomona California from a company called big B auto. It was supposed to fit a ford FE 390. The guy said it will for sure fit and if it doesn't you can send it back with the receipt and we will refund you. Red flag!But I was a naive kid, and did not question him. It didn't fit and I sent it back with the receipt and never got a response. Am I the only one who has dealt with this problem? If not, I'll consider it a loss and think of it as an expensive kid lesson.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. pastlane

pastlane

If you waited ten years for your refund, it's time to move on. If you waited ten years before sending them back and excepted a refund you really need to rethink doing business with anyone.

3. Let me get back to you on that ....

In about ten years .....

Jim

4. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i think he ment to bring them back to the next show. thats not an expencive lesson either. it is a lesson though.

5. biscaynes

biscaynes

seriously? april fools day was tuesday.

6. 327Eric

327Eric

Big B does not exist any longer. It has changed names/hands etc in the last 10 years.

7. If you send me fifty bucks I promise I'll get Mr. B to do the right thing.

8. tjm73

tjm73

You're still naive.

9. I sent it back to them the next week with the receipt. But, I know it was dumb. :/

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. uncle buck

uncle buck

:eek: that would have been 9 years and 51 weeks ago ! Are you having flashbacks or dreaming they would remember or have any record if they were still in business ? :D

11. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

If this is the only time in ten years that you took it up the yazoo on parts, you're in good shape.. nobody thinks you're a homo it's time to let go...

12. GEEZZER

GEEZZER