Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Austin Speed Shop & The Kontinentals Present "The Jewel"

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Austin Speed Shop, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Austin Speed Shop

Austin Speed Shop
    from Austin TX

Just incase you were wondering.. We made it.

After a late blurry night of fury we drove her in today. Last minute got the wrong steering joint, followed by a charging issue today, but our great team figured everything out in record time and knocked it out.

Phil Cato was there with us all night till about 2am spraying glue.

More to say but.. I'm tired.

Come by the booth at the Lonestar Round Up

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396637966.310186.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Great work! Love everything about it.

3. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hang of a thrash on an awesome ceedan! A little bit Chrisman an a little bit Roth. Enjoy.

4. Twas worth the effort as it turned out bitchen.....

5. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Showcars rule.

Congrats Brian on the recognition and congrats ASS on a fine job. I'm effing proud of you guys. This car flat out rules. Tuki nailed it. Cato nailed it. You guys Nailed it!

6. Anderson

Anderson

I think we (mostly they) "Kailed it!"

Posted using the Full Hot Rod H.A.M.B. App

7. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

I can't take the credit on this one, the whole shop got this one done. Including you.

8. Elrod

Elrod

Car came out great! Awesome job guys!

9. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Beautiful, I love the color combo, stared at it for awhile saturday.

10. flatheadfreakv8

flatheadfreakv8

This is by far my favorite Model A I have seen in a long time. Great job Austin Speed Shop. Love the car.

11. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Fun times!

12. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

13. Austin Speed Shop

Austin Speed Shop
    from Austin TX

Things have settled down and finally there is time for an update post..

These tight deadlines are a joint effort, we don't do them often because it takes man power and we cannot step back from other projects for very long because it is not fair to the other customers, so this one took some careful planning.

I have to say that aligning your self with great sub contractors like tuki who handled the paint and Cato and Brent who did the upholstery, are the only way to get these things done. Snyders and Sacramento Vintage Ford have great stock and are timely about shipping out product making it easier to stay ahead of our guys with the parts they need.

When it comes to deadlines like the Round Up, you pretty much don't even have to ask if the guys will pitch in. While the guys stayed late, Joyo kept them fed and assisted Rocco and Kail in coordination, the wife's took over most of the duties for our booth and preparing for all of the LSRU festivities.

Austin Speed Shop is a family affair driven by passion and love for our art and each other. Cannot be thankful enough to have such a talented group of weirdos here.

So many great things oh the horizon, stick with us and we will do our best to document it.

Thank you for all of your kind words on the HAMB and in person at the show, we appreciate all of your continued support through transitions and moves.

Tried to document the wiring as much as possible but Magic looms and hides everything so well its hard to get a picture.

Instead of buying the expensive "all" cloth wire kit we bought a normal American Autowire highway 15 and used some cloth wire we had in stock to do the engine bay

We like these harnesses because we can loom everything back to the box since it is not hardwired in, as you can see in the picture the side of the fusebox has terminals that you can terminate the wires into your self instead of like most where its just a hot mess coming out of the back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is some of Cato and Brents upholstery work, the amazing headliner and the scratch made back seat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was a quick shot taken right before Kail and Magic made its maiden voyage to the Round Up.
    [​IMG]

Here is a very ecstatic Mr. Brian Auderer and "The Jewel"
    [​IMG]

Thanks again Brian for letting us be a part of this great build. I feel like I learned so much more about the history of the Austin hot rod scene and how people have come together. Being a transplant my self, it makes me feel a bit more like home getting to know more about everyone and build those relationships. There are some great people here, and everyone really looks out for each other. Again, Thank You. -Kail

PS: Look for The Jewel in an upcoming issue of Rod and Custom!! :D

Attached Files:

14. draider

draider
    from Texas

It was the highlight of my weekend to stare at this car in person multiple times at the show and at the shop. You guys absolutely killed it with this car.

Also, I can't think of a more deserving guy than Brian to walk out into his garage and see this bitchin hot rod parked with his other bitchin cars.

15. LordoftheDance

LordoftheDance
    from Fargo, ND

Absolutely fell in love with this thing at LSR!! Stunning is the best word I can use to describe it. Way to go Austin Speed Shop!

16. I can't say enough how happy and grateful I am to everyone who worked on this build - you guys are all amazing. The car is spectacular, and to have it roll out finished to this degree at the Round Up is extra special to me, and all my good friends who have been a part of the story of this car from the beginning. Thanks Kail for documenting it here and sharing the story with everyone - I love a happy ending. The Jewel is perfect.

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome job on this car. It looked so cool out there at the show.

#imwithpookie

18. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

congrats

19. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rad. Well done fellas. Inspirational.

20. outstanding job fellas... great looking car Brian...

21. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Very nice !!!!!

22. Looks like an awesome club build!