Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Customer service, Speedway Motors!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by staleg, Oct 23, 2013.

1. staleg

staleg

Thumbs up for Speedway Motors customer service from a Norwegian customer!
    I ordered the Roadster top iron frame kit for 28-34 Roadster, but they sent me the T-Ford iron kit instead. These kits are rather bulky, so the oversea freight cost to Norway is high.

Shortly after I contacted them, they shipped the correct kit for free, (also covered the freight cost), and I could just keep the T-Ford kit, because of the high return freight cost.

That’s what I call good customer service!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

They've always been that way with me too. Some people bad mouth them but in the 30 years I have been dealing with them I can't remember one thing that wasn't good or that they didn't make right.

Every company makes mistakes, it is how they fix that mistake that counts.

Don

3. Totally agree with Don. I've had good luck with them.
    Later,
    Dick

4. jhtdon

jhtdon
    from Florida

I have excellent experiences with Speedway.

5. Yep, they've always done right by me.

6. pumpman

pumpman

No bitches here.

7. Pat Thompson

Pat Thompson

8. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been dealing with them for 40-years and never had a problem. If a part I ordered wasn't what I wanted or wasn't up to the standard I thought it should be (rare, but has happened), I returned it with no hassles what so ever.

9. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

kudos to speedway from me i never had a problem that they didnt correct

10. rustang

rustang

Been using Speedway for many years, and have had nothing but good service... no bitches here... :)
    Tom

11. D-man313

D-man313

No complainants here! Haven't had a problem with them. And my stuff is usually here within 2 days.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

never had a problem, either. only wish they'd carry foxcraft skirts and 4-carb flathead intakes!

13. jkeesey

jkeesey

Never had a problem with them. Great service every time.

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The envy of other after market stores. Great service.

15. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I have also had good products and support from Speedway. It has been frustrating to hear some of the complaints elsewhere on the HAMB as I really feel the reported problems are the exception, yet the loudest voices.

Congrats to you for taking time to post your positive experience!

16. barett

barett
    from Taylor TX

Always great... Was shipped the wrong part once. They made it right and then some, next day air on what I needed. I just wish I could find someone to by all these yellow stickers...

17. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

A friend of mine recently bought an electric fuel pump that failed. He wanted to have it credited, but they told him he would have to go to their vendor on that one. That seems strange, it is not the way they usually handle problems

18. More than likely it is the policy of the Vendor and if Speedway takes the part back they don't get reimbursed for it. This seems to be the way a lot of manufactures in all industries are going with their warranty policies and I have a feeling it is so the customer doesn't have an option to buy a competitors product if they have problems.

19. Best service by far. Their selection of hot rod parts is also growing. I get 3 different catalogs from them.

20. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

They have always done there best for me. They just have a hard job because a lot of the stuff they sell is not the best quality.

21. always good service
    many years of ordering

22. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

I have had great service from them also. Don't miss out on their special $7.99 shipping. It ends on 8 January. Super great deal if you need anything now or will need anything soon. I placed 2 large orders and saved probably over $200 in shipping.

23. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Fabulous service. I always go to them first because of it.

24. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Same here. Always top notch service. I think I should own stock in them by now!

25. Flathead Coupe

Flathead Coupe

Hey Guys… I have always experienced great customer service with Speedway Motors.
    but I have a question….
    What do you guys do, when you don't realize you have a bad part/product until you finally finish a build…and by then…warranty is out of the question?

For example: I started my project in May of 2012. One of the first items I ordered was a set of steel wheels for mock up purposes. I finished 90% of the car in April 2013. The car sat in my garage without touching it for about 6 months due to burnout. Within the past few months I finished the car complete. Started driving it..only to find out that one of the new steel wheels is bad and had a very bad wobble..bad enough to eat up a brand new axle bearing in less than 200 miles on car.
    Now I need a new wheel…and have it powdercoated black to replace the bad one.
    These wheels only carry a one year manufacturer warranty.
    This isn't the only part that I found bad after I finally got the car on the road and am able to shake it down properly.
    Do you guys just eat it? Or do you push for warranty replacement?

Thanks in advance…

26. I've been on both sides of the counter. I worked for a custom axle company for a while and we always....ALWAYS warrantied product that had been used like yours. However I can understand why company wouldn't. Can't hurt to ask.

Just seth.

27. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

If I chose to not put it into service until after the warranty expired, I would eat it. Otherwise, people could claim the part sat in the corner of the garage for x number of years and was just now installed, etc. Warranties begin when the part is sold, not when it's used. Just my opinion, and not necessarily the best one at that :)

P.S. Your coupe looks great!

28. Flathead Coupe

Flathead Coupe

Wow... I just had the best customer service experience than I ever could have expected!
    I called Speedway and told them my problem.
    They handled it very well and told me they would get back with me with a phone call.
    Well they went above and beyond!
    They contacted the manufacturer and got me a full replacement warranty, even though the manufacturer warranty was only one year from purchase.
    Not only did they go to bat for me to get my wheel replaced they offered to ship it to me with no shipping charge!
    It's amazing the effort that they put in to satisfying my situation.
    I am a happy speedway customer!!!!!

29. Perfect. Any reputable company would want to stand behind thier product in my
    Opinion. Good will goes a lot further than being obstinate.