Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Graffiti Coupe Pictures and Myths

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Graffiti32, Jan 28, 2012.

1. choptop4

choptop4

Oh! and I forgot ,One the toad shirt is in a friends closet. I have photo of him wearing it at a dance him and his band where playing at. See if I can find it soon.

2. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you. That gives me a good place to start. Look forward to seeing more pics of yours once you get it out cruising. Keep up the good work. Love the car.

3. choptop4

choptop4

Found 2 photos of that shirt !.We where all in a car club then . Trying to get a reunion together this summer . Cheers

Attached Files:

Brian Eddison likes this.
  4. snakebit7

snakebit7

Thanks Baron, would love to see a few pics of yours as well. I tried to upload a few to an album on here but it wouldn't let me.

5. Wedgehead426

Wedgehead426

Great thread, I was into cars long before this movie. Never really cared for 32's or 55's. I was and still am a Mopar guy. BUT, after seeing the movie and the one scene that really hooked me was the scene where Milner was at the gas station and had just un-corked the headers prior to heading out to look for the 55. He pulls it out of the shop into the night and the duce just looked, and sounded wicked. That hooked me, and I told myself I have to get one someday. Well I still don't have one, and I am still looking. Probably never will get one, they are all priced out of my league now. What a great movie, and a great car.

XERB likes this.
  6. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Take a look at posts #225 (my current build/parts) and #234 (yellow,1st and the black one was my last one).

7. First off what a great thread. The 32 and the 55 never inspired me it was the essence of the movie that inspired me-Cruisin. Now for the rambling. I woke up yesterday and watched American Graffiti(Sunday ritual), plus Reverend Horton Heat was playing later that night, the movie helped me get in the mood for the concert. I attended the 2013 GNRS and met Paul LeMat and Bo Hopkins. I bought a Milner Racing Team shirt and got Paul to sign that and a poster, I also got Bo Hopkins to sign a picture of him and the Mercury. I wore the shirt to the concert I thought that was the only shirt that was proper for that concert. My shirt is fading from me wearing it all the time. In the late seventies and through the eighties I listened to the soundtrack cassette everytime I was in my room building models. The movie and my uncle are the reason's why I live my life the way I do. I am 42 and still feel like a teenager when I watch this movie, Heck I am watching it now as I type this. I would rather have the movie on Laser Disc then DVD to me that would seem closer to period correct I know Laser Disc's weren't around in the 60's. The blog reading will have to wait till tomorrow night. Thanks again for the thread. I know my ramblings had nothing to do with the myths but this movie is a major part of my life if you can't tell.

XERB likes this.
  8. snakebit7

snakebit7

Looks like your off to a great start Baron. Love the Black as well!

9. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

It's the only movie that my dad took me to see alone...just him and me.

XERB likes this.
  10. _sir_charles_of_reno

_sir_charles_of_reno

SVHS, did you go to Sonoma High? If so, what year are you?

11. choptop4

choptop4

They let me out of SVHS in 74. Cheers

12. _sir_charles_of_reno

_sir_charles_of_reno

Crazy, you might know my uncles, they're class of '76.

13. patterpillar

patterpillar
    from Montana

My son and grandson brought this back from a car show in Seaside Oregon on a vacation a couple years ago. Candy was pretty cool with the slightly hyper 3 year old. My bucket list has a piss yellow coupe on it.

Attached Files:

• 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      460.4 KB
      Views:
  14. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Found these old shots of my black one going together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

XERB likes this.
  15. snakebit7

snakebit7

Pretty cool! was that a steel body?

16. STREETREBEL

STREETREBEL

I'm a mopar guy too.
    Get a 33 Ply. coupe like mine!
    It does have a ford grill though.
    [​IMG]

17. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was. Here is a picture right after I cut the top.

[​IMG]

18. 2935ford

2935ford

I've never been a real fan of that car. Don't really know why.

19. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

Steve Fitch lived a couple of blocks from me in Wichita and I had him come over one day and take my daughter for a ride in the 32. I was a little surprised at the condition of it! It was a little rough to say the least, but a cool car.

XERB likes this.
  20. snakebit7

snakebit7

Pretty cool, love the pics! Not sure what I will build next, Still enjoying this one!!

21. looks as I remember it when I saw it when it came into Orland's when it showed up

22. Ill throw out my 2 cents. I grew up in Turlock ca. and in the 90's I was luckiy enough to join the Pharohs, we cruised on Mchennery Blvd. and every friday night we went to A and W on 14th st. American graffiti was our Mantra and the guild of my Kustom life since the 70's. I moved a bit further south in the 80's and met and New Rich Ruth personally. im one lucky some bitch. ive actually lived the real deal and drove the same street as Lucas as a kid.

23. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about a pair of Deuces.
    [​IMG]

24. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

B,
    Did you chop both cars?
    A

25. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

Buddy Holly was killed in 1959...

26. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi Alex. I did not chop the yellow one. That was the first 32 Coupe I built . Paid $600.00 for the body(pic below). I had the car back for some work a few years later, and decided to chop my red Deuce while I had my first one there for reference. I took 3 1/2" out of the red one. The yellow one was cut 4".

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

What a different look with the radiator and grill in the stock location. I wonder if the movie car would have become such an icon if it had had the grill in that location.

28. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

I know a lot of guys hate the grill but I think the chopped grill shell on the coupe makes it!!!!!!

29. snakebit7

snakebit7

Here's a pic form one of the local shows! downtown Oswego.jpg

loudbang likes this.