Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cedar Rapids Swap meet April 12-13

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bob cutler, Apr 3, 2014.

1. bob cutler

bob cutler

Hey who's going and what are you hoping to find or sell?

2. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm going. Gonna walk on Saturday, sell on Sunday. On the sales block: Traditional rod parts, Metric chopper project, maybe even a utility trailer. Cool shit. I'm normally in the center (intermediate) circle. Stop by and say "hi".

3. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be manning the Torque Fest booth handing out promo materials part of Saturday and Sunday. When I am not there my buddy Bob will be there handing out TF cards and selling his car parts. Stop by and say hi.

4. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

Ill prob roll in sat morning

5. iarodder

iarodder

I'm sure I''l wind up going.....I do every year.

6. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

we are going sat morning. Hope to get some sbc valve covers and some model a sedan trim pieces. and other goodies :)

7. Low Black Special

Low Black Special
    from SE Iowa

Going Saturday, looking for 28-29 doors and other tin. Flathead, nailhead stuff. Need backing plates for a 36 banjo rear also.

8. bob cutler

bob cutler

I will be there Saturday , looking for some old school chrome reverse wheels and other things that I don't know I need yet. Hope its nice like today!

9. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

I will be looking for an Appleton 112 and a junk wide 5 drum to make an adapter for my tire truer.

10. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

About 6 of us from Burlington will be there selling stuff on the west side of the building just as you go on to the track. Go every year ,looking for T stuff.
    Any one heard if the track is tore up Heard they are going back to dirt?

11. carryallman

carryallman

im going up sat morning,will have some 392 hemi heads and some small stuff,crower rods,trick chevy crankshaft,racing pistons,possibly a 44 spline "williams spool,"liberty" dragster "rail trans probably in parking lot ,have not reserved space ! {might have snow ? like a few yrs ago ?} see ya ! LOOKING FOR A ANGLIA FIBERGLASS FRONT & CHEAP SMALL BLOCK CHEVY,4 SPEED SCATTERSHIELDAND STEELWHEEL W/CLUTCH ?

12. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be there but plans have changed...........

I'll be stationed at the Vintage Torque Fest booth on Sunday. Stop by and say "Hi."

13. Phil 41 Chevy

Phil 41 Chevy

I'll be there, looking for anything that catchs my eye.

14. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

Is there much left there on Sunday? We have only been on Sat morn

15. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is just a rumor floating around. The track is still asphalt.

16. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

a few of us may pop up.

17. bob cutler

bob cutler

On sunday it depends on the weather, if its nice the turn out is not so bad, better deals on sunday.

18. bob cutler

bob cutler

There talking rain Saturday late and all day sunday. Oh well im still going!

19. finn

finn

Stopping in Saturday as we drive to Upper Michigan from 3 months in Florida. It's quite a detour, but sort of a ritual.

How much stuff can you fit in a Focus? I sort of hope I don't find any treasures.

20. bob cutler

bob cutler

Got a set of olds 442 rally wheels and a pair of chevy drop spindles calipers and rotors, was pretty damn nice out!

21. Low Black Special

Low Black Special
    from SE Iowa

I got some wide 5 wheels and caps, and bought the rough model a coupe body and truck bed at the south end.

22. bob cutler

bob cutler

Oh so you bought it! Looked at it pretty hard shes rough but I could see building it, good luck and have fun with it and show some build pics.

23. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Warning! I went out to the swap meet at 6 Sunday morning to man the Torque Fest booth and it was raining and lightning. All but two of the outdoor vendors had left during the night and it looked like a ghost town. Some of the indoor vendors had also left and more were showing up and starting to pack up. I tore down the TF booth and went back home.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  24. Low Black Special

Low Black Special
    from SE Iowa

I bought it for the coupe roof parts and doors.

25. carryallman

carryallman

got there about 8 :15 ,set -up sold lots of tools & misc /everything that was priced 50 cents to $30.00 was sold ,did sell a $500 miller welder ,most high dollar stuff we brought home ,lots of people haggled over $5.00 had a 80s chevy dash pad {i was keeping for my self ?}i usually get 125.00 to 175.00 on the chevy truck sites everybody wanted to only give 25.00-100.00 /i guess most people only shop local and never get on internet to see what stuff is worth ??anyway it was nice to get out and we finally had some nice weather !! see ya in des moines ,first fri& sat in des moines ia.

26. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What is left of the quarters? I may be interested if there is enough to work with. I was there this morning and got a couple great deals as there was no one around and the guy was just looking to get rid of stuff. Maybe 15 vendors left at 9:00 when I got there.

27. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

That body was a dog. And that's coming from a guy who's warped on 28-9 coupes. The top is about the only thing that is useable on that body. I hope you got it for quite a bit less than his initial asking price. I didn't check out the box. Hopefully it is fixable.

28. Low Black Special

Low Black Special
    from SE Iowa

The quarters have been cut both along the trunk and straight down behind the roof. Not much left of them really.

I got a good deal on it.