Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Pix of '55-'57 Ford Gassers - the "other" Tri-Fives

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Just Jones, Jun 25, 2010.

1. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

If you have plans of putting it back to a street car in the future, it might be wise to use ball joint spacers to raise the front, rather then go the straight axle route. The spacers are period correct and won't require you to chop, cut, and weld the front end all up.

Here is an example of a car (Chebbie, I know, so don't shoot) with ball joint spacers.
    [​IMG]

2. Crown'd

Crown'd
    from Utah

I've seen those, but it's not height that makes a gasser look appealing to me, its the layout of the suspension itself. I love the transverse spring because there's nothing protruding forward much like stock when viewed from the side, then it's a simple array of chromed tubes from the front. Well set up they just look stunning, and are easy to clean. I can't reach half the junk I want to clean from the stock setup, and forget headers on an FE any other way. Pancake manifolds practically rest on the A-arms. Not going to miss the leaky power steering system either... :p

3. biscaynes

biscaynes

couple '57s...

Attached Files:

4. Crown'd

Crown'd
    from Utah

Wow...thanks. As a 14-year-old I pulled a '57 out of a field where it had been for 14 years. Despite making $1.75 per hour it looked like this a couple years later. Memories...

[​IMG]

5. Crown'd

Crown'd
    from Utah

I hope this isn't considered off topic...this is the intake I'm gonna run. There should be another 10 of them not spoken for if the rest of y'all are interested...only 100 are being made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They utilize 351 Cleveland manifolds, and allow you to change over from whatever manifold you want in a matter of minutes with no muss or fuss. Drive a dual plane to the track and swap for a tunnel ram. Cool. Contact jay Brown to get on the list here:

http://fepower.net/<wbr>simplemachinesforum/index.php?<wbr>topic=1249.0

6. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

Seen the car…it is amazing!

7. Crown'd

Crown'd
    from Utah

[​IMG]

Awesome job on the header fabuthis...do you know how wide these rear wheels are? I've located some magnesium 16x9's, but fear that's a step too far in the width dept.

8. Bushmaster

Bushmaster
    from Austin, TX

Someone on the Model Cars mag forum posted a bunch of pics of this AWB '56 - same one that's on page 34 or so, but it looks like he's added some rear fender flares. I love this car - pushes all the right buttons.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Just Jones

Just Jones

^ Man, that is right on the dang money. Absolutely beautiful.
    Its tough to get the proportions right with altered wheelbase cars sometimes, but this one rocks.

10. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Oh man that '56 just hits all the right notes! I wonder what it does in the quarter mile.

11. Ghost Rider Gasser

Ghost Rider Gasser

Hey Hammer Just Jones, This is Ghost Rider Gasser. I have plenty to show of my 57. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post them on this site. Need help directions! email me @ [email protected]

12. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

My buddy is picking this one up this weekend. I will shame him into updating everyone when he starts on it. He is planning on a big inch FE and a stick. He is building to the Southeast Gassers rules.

MELTDOWN DRAGS
    JULY 18-20 2014

Attached Files:

13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

PM me and maybe I can help out.

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

An FE and stick is absolutely appropriate for this car. Shame away! lol

15. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/QUOTE]

This FORD is pretty sweet! Thanks for posting more photos, Bushmaster.:D

fiveoh108 likes this.
  16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

The above '56 reaffirms why these cars were among my favorites as a kid in the '60s. What a great looking car. I wonder what drivetrain it has, hopefully a nasty FE and toploader 4 speed.

17. Lancer

Lancer

Seeing these photos remind me why I'm building at '56 Gasser. What a great body style.

18. 1798420_1540375176198957_1486975002506673030_n.jpg Pretty bad ass '56 Ford here!

exterminator likes this.
  19. loudbang

loudbang

Hey it's a Hot Rod one has to have some fun lighting them up once in awhile. :rolleyes: Just tell the neighbors "The Devil Made Me Do It".

Thing looks plan evil from the front so they may believe you.

20. rat nasty

rat nasty

My 57 is back up for sale here on the jamb and on eBay if interested please pm, call, or text thanks Tadd

Attached Files:

21. The Human Wrench

The Human Wrench

Looked at all 25 pages. Now I have a plan for this. P2210005.JPG

OahuEli likes this.
  22. Lancer

Lancer

Nice. Another 56 project.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Looks pretty good overall. What are your plans for it?

24. The Human Wrench

The Human Wrench

Well, I have had it a little over a year, that picture was taken last fall. Haven't touched it 'till a couple of days ago when I first saw this thread. Pulled it inside and took off the front clip. It's gonna need floorboards and rockers. I spent today removing what was left of the interior (and dirt dauber nests, mice nests and probably about 10 lbs. of dirt) and will start removing what is left of the floorboards. The plan is gasser style with straight axle, 429 with an auto, 9 inch and some roll bars. I'm 62 and retired and with help from one of my younger friends hope to have this going in about a year. Here a couple more pictures and I will have some more recent ones as things happen if anyone wants to see 'em. P2210013.JPG P2210012.JPG

loudbang likes this.
  25. What a great thread...and hardly any fake spindle mounts..

loudbang likes this.
  26. biscaynes

biscaynes

27. The Human Wrench

The Human Wrench

Saw this at the Hot Rod Reunion at MoKan PA190001.JPG

Deuces, exterminator, BHoover and 4 others like this.
  28. Hey, THW, go ahead and start a build thread and post the link here so we can keep up with your progress!

29. bigslim55

bigslim55

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1418666618.433297.jpg
    Pic of my brother Scott's 55' Fairlane Gasser that I finished for him. At Meltdown drags this past July...
    Jim

30. bigslim55

bigslim55

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1418666819.658016.jpg
    At Hunnert Car Heads Up this past June at Great Lakes Dragaway. Parked with the Meltdown crew...
    Jim..

Deuces and Tickety Boo like this.