Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Coleman Coupe gets some R&R

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by ct1932ford, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Thanks, it is getting there.

2. Brakes done! Hope to do trans tomorrow.:cool: Need to get as much done as possible. Getting my shoulder operated on the 21st.:( It's a bitch getting old. Parts are wearing out.:eek:

3. how was the M.E.N.S.A . breakfast?

4. Old Men talking about their aliments and complaining about you know what, and bad food!:eek: Had a good time.:rolleyes:

5. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

It's coming along real nice!! :cool:

Good luck with your operation...and heal up quickly!

6. Thanks! Got the trans in today with a little help from a friend. :cool:Thanks Greg. Actually he did all the lifting (Thank God). I have about a days work before putting the motor in it. Motor needs to be gone through first. Should be done by the time the snow is melted.:rolleyes: Hopefully the shoulder repairs go well. Five different issues!:eek:

7. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

looking good!

can't wait to see it with the fenders bolted on

8. fenders 001.JPG
    Fenders? This is where they belong!:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  9. 48bill

48bill

Good luck on the shoulder work you have planned. I had a total shoulder replacement in Nov 2013 and all is great now. I should not have waited so long.

10. Thanks Bill!

11. x77matt

x77matt
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Simply perfect 5w- subscribed! Keep the pictures flowing! How about the engine- what are your plans?

12. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

What a clean looking coupe I'll keep an eye on this one

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. Thanks! The motor is a 48 Merc. Not sure what had been done to it inside but we are going to have a look. It has 2 48's that I think need re-jetting since the car came from Denver. It did feel like it was holding back before I took her apart. I need to replace this block on the brakes. found a small crack in it now that is all back together and bled etc.:mad: Did get the trans in this week. :cool:

Attached Files:

14. Well I made up some sample exhaust pipes to go over the rear in stead of under the way they were.:cool: Problem trying to get anyone to bend up pieces to match my sample. Went to two places in New Milford CT. today and one said he could not do it unless I bought him a new house.:eek: The other place said no problem until he wasted to lengths of pipe.:rolleyes: Looks like I may buy some tube and pre-bent 45's and 90's and weld it up myself. Anyone know anyone in western CT area that is good with a bender?
    I go under the knife tomorrow for my shoulder , so the coupe will be on hold for a while.:mad:

15. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

hope the surgery goes smooth

16. 48bill

48bill

Mark,

All the best for the surgery.

17. loudbang

loudbang

Had mine done 6 months ago and the worst part of the whole thing was trying to sleep wearing a sling. Once you get rid of the sling it's not too bad.

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Bob

19. Lynn783

Lynn783

Mark,
    Hope your surgery goes well and that the results are worth the pain and inconvenience of the first couple of weeks!! That coupe will provide a lot of motivation so hang in there!

20. pumpman

pumpman

Good luck on you surgery and a fast recovery. I hope it all turns out good for you.

21. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Mark,
    Good luck with the surgery. Try Bill Carlson in Torrington, BCCHOPIT here on the HAMB.

Keep V-8ing!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  22. Man are we getting old or what?:rolleyes: I post about my exhaust and mention the shoulder and all us old guys talk about the ailments!:eek:
    Actually a Big Thanks to all you well wishers!:cool: I just woke up and already climbing the walls.:confused: My poor wife:eek: Anyway surgery went well, I guess:D I was first in this morning at 6:am. Two plus hours in surgery and home sleeping on the couch. You were right this sling thing sucks:mad: Anyway I will be watching a lot of TV , Hamb, Ebay and anything else that has car stuff! Typing with one hand also sucks:rolleyes: At this point I think I will fab the exhaust myself out of stainless. So thanks again and I will try and make the next post more interesting:eek:

23. draider

draider
    from Texas

Glad the surgery went well. I hope you heal quickly and get this beautiful hot rod back on the road in time for summer cruising. :)

24. Nobey

Nobey

Man that Coupe is a knock out, and the work is superb. Get well soon
    and dazzle us some more. Rich.....

Hope your feeling better today.......

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  25. Could not find anyone with a bender that knows how to use it :eek: So I will do what I do best ;)Ordered all the bends and tube in S/S and will Tig them up myself. :cool: Talked with Bill and this is what he does since also not knowing any good benders. Had my stiches removed today!:) That was the good news. Bad news no lifting for four more weeks. WTF!:mad:

26. Today started out good and went down hill from there:confused: Brought my radiator down to Bridgeport to have it boiled out and repaired. These guys did the one in my roadster and it has been good. Anyway on the way home my truck temp starts rising. Buy the time I get home it is just about overheating. I wait awhile and then with my good hand release the pressure on the cap. Just a little and then nothing. Anyway I turn it all the way and it blast me straight in the face knocking my ass down right on my shoulder I just had surgery on and my left forehead just above my eye. :eek: Spent the rest of the day in the doctors office. Just what I need is a setback on getting back to work on the coupe.
    Man it sucks getting old!:rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  27. B1gDaddy

B1gDaddy
    from aladambama

28. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

When I had my shoulder rebuilt I slid a piece of 3/4 plywood between the mattress and box spring leaving about 12" sticking out. I slept on my stomach and rested my arm on the shelf.

Worked pretty damn good.

29. this is a good idea, but what does he rest his burnt head on?

30. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct