Register now to get rid of these ads!

History COOL FIND: original old shop wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Mac, Mar 31, 2014.

1. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

That is just the coolest find! I would drive, drive, drive her too......And wouldn't stop grinning!~

2. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

You nailed it. That sums this thing up.

3. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Very nice, Enjoy it. LUCKY

4. how did that slip away from the area? cool panel!

5. Daddy_O

Daddy_O

No other way to describe it.....AWESOME!!!! That is friggin' cool!!

6. Neat!!! Looks like a "RARE" radio there, too.

Ben

7. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Wow, that's really neat!
    KK

8. How could anyone not like that !!!!!

9. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

That is really cool Jack. THIS IS WHY I LOVE THE HAMB!!! Do you know any more info on the store? When did it close down? Thanks for posting. I love the fact you have seen this thing back in the day when it was actually in use.

I dug through the papers in the truck and there was the original title issued in 1947 to A.J. French, then tons of receipts for repairs done in the early 1980's in WA along with a page torn from a WA Auto Trader in 1988 with this car circled. Looks exactly like it does today. Said recently rebuilt motor (no wonder it runs like a champ) and lots of new parts. I'm thinking they cleaned it up in the 80's to sell it, then the buyer brought it to Utah and there it sat. Piecing together the history on this thing is a whole other load of fun.

Thanks for all the comments on the rig. I wish I could take credit for how cool it is. Has nothing to do with me, other than I scooped it up when the opportunity was there. I wish like mad my dad was here to enjoy this with me. He would have loved it. Although I think he was sitting right next to me when I decided to drive it home instead of trailer it! The guy thought I was nuts, but after some new gas and a couple blocks of driving it quit smoking, quit sputtering, the gauges came to life and I could see pops smiling right next to me!

10. Yep, that one should be sent home to WA. I've been looking for an art deco suburban but that panel would do the trick. Love that tow truck over at your buddies place too. Guess I'm into commercial stuff huh.
    Congratulations on acquiring that one!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. racer_dave

racer_dave

You must have helped lots of old ladies across the street as a cub scout, saved puppies and kittens by the dozens and countless other 'do gooder' type things to have enough good karma in the karma bank to find this. Incredible find. Happy motoring.

12. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Hey

That is a cool find! It's actualy an Awesome find!!

I agree with the not changing a thing, at first. But if it was mine i would change everything brake related rubber!!!
    The soft brake would scare the living dayligthts out of me! But you might mean something else then what I read.

But it is such an inbeliveable fond!!

13. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Has to be one of the best Barn finds ever. I'm so jealous.

14. sadsack

sadsack

neil young would eat that up
    sadsack

15. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Here's a few action shots from taking it out yesterday. Haven't even washed it. I can't get myself to do anything that might change the look. After about 30 miles we had our first mechanical failure: the 40 year old fan belt started to come apart. Luckily in the box of stuff in the back there was a NOS fanbelt! he he he.... Back on the road!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. That is WAAYYYY COOOOOL!!!

17. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

you now need to find some old trains to display inside it..

awesome find.

18. demonspeed

demonspeed

Wow that is pretty awesome. It's amazing how that lettering held up over the years. Nice find!

19. banjorear

banjorear

This.

I don't hate you since I don't know you, but love, love, love that truck and your plans for it.

20. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

That's as cool as, love it.

21. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

I'm glad to see you getting out on the road with that jewel. You are a lucky fellow!

22. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Have you checked the tires for road worthiness?

23. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Yes. They are in no way, shape, or form "roadworthy". They're round, were once made out of rubber....

24. Next time there is a model railroad show in your area that truck needs to be in the parking lot or inside on display. Way Cool I Love It.
    Mark

25. way cool! great find!

26. cheesegrater

cheesegrater
    from california

Make it a safe driver & "LEAVE IT ALONE" & enjoy all the "CONVERSATIONS" it will bring that instead af a fancy paint job where people walk right by it & say nothing

27. what a BEA-utiful machine.

28. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Well, she's going on eBay so someone else can enjoy/preserve her. What a fun car to bring back to life. I'll post a link when it's on. Probably in the next few weeks or so.