Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead Coupe

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Flathead Coupe, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Flathead Coupe

Flathead Coupe

Hey,
    Ive been visiting here often..reading, studying, learning and laughing..my car is finally finished…so now I have a little time to enjoy here.
    I guess its about time to say hello and introduce myself.
    The love of cars and hotrods and racing has been passed down through generations within our family… Starting with my grandfathers 40' Ford on down. This is something definitely in our blood… one brother races motorcycles and builds and sells muscle cars… another brother drives a Nitro Funny Car and owns/runs a racing clutch company…and myself into traditional vintage motorcycles and traditional Hotrods…. and absolutely love speed!
    As a kid, we hit the dragstrip every week, I couldn't help but always root for the Coupe blasting down ATCO Dragway back in New Jersey. Whether it was a 40' Ford or Model A … something about those cars and the smell of race fuel and rubber ingrained in my psyche forever…
    well…. a couple of years ago, my brothers and myself were walking around Daytona Rod Run checking out the scene… I really started getting angry seeing some beautiful coupes, only to look harder and notice they were stuffed with small block chevys….and when I saw a flathead…it was just not in the right car…. I made up my mind that instant that I needed to build the car I was trying so hard to find…..
    A few years pass… I had a little time on my hands so I decided to begin the project… well … found some junk Model A body parts..combined with a big imagination…a lot of hard work…rented out a garage and spent one year working my ass off….had to do just about everything…because every time I paid somebody to do something..I had to redo it myself…so I did everything on my car, all the metal work, paint work, most interior work and built the engine myself… never intended to build a show car…on the contrary..I built it to be a driver and built to be driven HARD! Im glad to say I am finally finished and enjoying the fruits of my Labor!
    Thanks to some of you… I was able to search and find out how to do a lot of the things I had in my mind, but had no idea on how to do it.

Brian Lee aka Flathead Coupe

Attached Files:

2. You did good Kid!:cool: Welcome aboard.

3. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Nice car - welcome from Detroit

Singlefingerspeedshop.com. Detroit

4. Welcome from Kansas City (part time snowbird to Hollywood, FL)

5. ty johnson

ty johnson

Bitchin car! .......and welcome from IL.

6. welcome from merrimac ma

7. big bad john

big bad john

Nice car....welcome aboard to the HAMB

8. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

Welcome from south louisiana what a beautiful rod