Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods t bucket windshield

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by snakecbaker, Apr 1, 2014.

1. snakecbaker

snakecbaker
    from Keyser, WV

Post photos of your t bucket windshields.

I'm building a 23' t bucket and was wondering what others are doing for windshields.

2. mechanic58

mechanic58

I am also facing this conundrum. I suspect I am going to end up fabricating my own. I am not too keen on what's readily available.

3. fleabag

fleabag

Stock 23

Attached Files:

4. snakecbaker

snakecbaker
    from Keyser, WV

a few I have found

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll probably just fabricate my own

5. 46Ford

46Ford

Here are some pics of the one I built for mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. silent rick

silent rick

stock 27 lower with cut down stanchions. when the cardboard gets dirty, i replace it.

[​IMG]

7. I bought a stock two piece windshield with stanchions (posts), cut the posts down and used the half of windshield that looked the best.
    [​IMG]

trying out the two different heights

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. tjm73

tjm73

I've always liked these, but have never been able to identify them. Are they from a boat?

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Brooklands, English car stuff. Although I have seen the same deal done with wind wing brackets from early cars too.

Myself, I love my '23-'25 stock height windshield on my car. I won't even bother to post mine, 'cause it looks no different than any other stocker from the era.

10. I've always liked the earlier round top windshields; but I wanted a shorter one piece windshield this time.

I shortened the lower section and matched it in width to the top, then extended the sides of the top so split between them would fall in the stanchions.

Then made new steel inner pieces for the bottom that extended across the splice, picked up both stanchion bolts, and reached well up into the upper upper section.

Always seem to be early windshields at the swap meets around here, a lot more common than the later '23 style. Not very pricey either; lot cheaper than the repop stuff that doesn't usually fit anyway.

Attached Files:

• t.jpg
      t.jpg
      File size:
      96.9 KB
      Views:
  11. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

There are at least 2 different early round top windshield frame assemblies.
    There are many different profile lower stanchions from 17-22 but all fit the frames the same. Watch the palm shape and the front curved finger that folds in across the cowl for shape to get yourself a good matched pair.
    The 23-25 posts are fairly available and look good stock height or in varying amounts of chop BUT for crying out loud guys keep the round pivot with the top attachment post in the same relationship to frame as stock. It just looks plain silly to have the top post three inches down the frame from the top.

All of the above are pretty easy to find on the swap meet trail. Often loose frame scan be bought here and there and make a good stock for making up a repair part for damaged goods. Don't ever discard a frmaewith getting the cast steel reinforcement slugs out of them for future use. There are many types of these but the will fit any Ford T frame tube.

DON'T FORGET the 20s flat bottom Dodge post frame assemblies that fit the 17-25 Ford T like they were made for them. The curvy solid steel posts have a small base with a large threaded post that hold them down to the cowl. Look great when chopped correctly too.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  12. silent rick

silent rick

13. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I like the normal 23 T windshields but when I did my 23 I wanted something different to fit the look of the car a little better. I found some old windshield on Ebay (Buick maybe) and used the top half of it turned upside down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we cut up the stanctions that came with it and welded them to plates I made out of 3/16 mild steel plate. We painted it all black and had new glass installed, and this is what we ended up with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. bct

bct

for what it is worth you can buy the extruded steel round with the groove in iton ebay. straight pieces 4' long I believe. build your own and have ity look stock.