Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Ford 3 window FIND

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 383deuce, Mar 29, 2014.

1. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

2. I have wanted a 3 window since I was 17 or 18 years old and I am now pushing 75. I am going to build this somewhat like what I would have done back in 1957, but with a few things diff. due to a little more $$ now than I would have had back then. I would like a quickie under it for sure. Chop will remain the same as what you see. It will have a manual transmission of some type as I have already started the frame build and bought brookvilles 33 clutch & brake set up & a 33 cross member from them. I have a very nice set of orignal rails, heavy undroped 32 front axel, model A front & rear cross members with a A rear spring.
    I am so pumped about this build it's like I am 18 all over. I will try and do a build thread on this, but I had one hell of a time posting the one photo in my first post. I thought I was doing 4 photos, but only got the one. Don't know why they make it so dam hard to post photos for old guys.

RODIST, hipster and K.L like this.
  3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

My buddy has a Culver City Halibrand quickie '40 rear if you are interested...pm me.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Way to go Mr. Mayor!!

5. 562roadster

562roadster

WhoA! Congrats on the score!

6. Hi Dennis, I knew you could not wait to tell everyone about your holy grail, good on ya mate, how does it feel to be that young again.

Cully

hipster likes this.
  7. Dennis hope you don't mind a couple more of your pix! Did you get the parts?

Attached Files:

8. Thanks Andy.....It makes my heart beat fast just looking at it.

9. Gary,
    Got the 3 window parts, and thanks for sending them. Can you tell me if the hinges are the same for a 3 window windshield as a 5 window????
    I need to score a set for the frame you sent me. Got it chopped today to fit. Off to get the body glass bead blasted next week and then to begin floor repair.
    Thanks for the help with the photos.....

10. Feels great my friend. I have to set down and have a cold one everynight before leaving the shop and just stare at the 3 window. Just can't belive I really do have it at long last......
    Take care mate, Dennis

11. tinmann

tinmann

Very nice score.

5W windshield hinges are the same as tudor fordor ones. 3W are unique to 3w.

12. T-DeWitt

T-DeWitt

Killer score man!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

hipster likes this.
  13. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Nice find, enjoy building your 3 window.

hipster likes this.
  14. Great reward for your patience!! Looks to be a great body to start off with also. Looking forward to progress reports. tim

15. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

That's awesome! Why can't I ever find something like that!:(

16. Retro61

Retro61

17. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Dennis, I can't think of anyone else more deserving of this project. You have waited long enough. Let me know if I can help with anything.

18. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

I like the comment about a long gaze before closing the door. I think we all get that. Congrats to you Dennis. Will be watching your progress.

19. Greg, Thanks....I do need some help finding a set of front window frame hinges for a 3 window.
    Dennis

20. 75?!?!?! When I see you at Speedweek I would have figured 15 or more years younger!

21. Trix Saum

Trix Saum

Could not be more happy for you Pop!

"Ride it till the wheels fall off!"
    XO
    Trix

22. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Thrilling to get something after a long wait...I have a couple...but I'm younger. 72. LOL

23. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

24. CONGRATS!!!!! looks like a great body.

25. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Congrats. What a great score. Sounds line you are going to do it right with good parts

26. Congrats!
    You are going to turn a great score into a great HotRod!

27. lowtech36rod

lowtech36rod
    from Kentucky

28. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

Finally got to look in on your thread. Had lunch with the Boners today and they mentioned you. Thats a great car!! Hope you can dig up some more history on it. How's it feel to be 18 again???? Butch

29. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I am happy for you , can't wait to see it come together.

30. Butch,
    I was wondering if you got to see my latest score.....Glad you like it. Now that is scarry when you say the boners were talking about me at lunch. Sure hope it was all not bad.
    Is your snow gone yet? Was in the 70's here yesterday, wanted to take the deuce roadster out for a run, but stayed at the shop and worked on the 3 window. Feels great to be 18 again..
    Dennis