Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 56 fargo build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pat1972, Mar 30, 2014.

1. pat1972

pat1972

Helo all, this my fist time on this site. Im build a 56 dodgefargo I just got its all original even motor an trany, the motor smokes so the question is to go big with 383 or stay original cant really decided which way to go. Also can I get a disc brake kit for that year . Any help or commets will be awesome, , cheers

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. I used a kit from AAJ Brakes and I have had no problems with the kit for 5 years I believe there are other kits available but I am not familiar with them. I have a slant 6 in mine post some pics of your truck and check out the Fargo, Desoto, Dodge truck thread.

3. pat1972

pat1972

Over all the truck is perfectly sound except for the bed boards. Very little rust just paint pealing.im proud of it had it for a wile now time to get it back on the road. Was a weekly drive up to 5 years ago

Attached Files:

4. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

Cool truck I like the hood on these. What's the deal? Are these just dodge trucks rebadged for Fargo? Or is that the model name?

5. von Dyck

von Dyck

Back in '56, Dodge trucks were sold at Dodge dealerships, the Fargo was sold at Plymouth dealerships.
    The only non transferable part is the badge and hood ornament.

6. pat1972

pat1972

I didnt know that about the parts , im not sure if I should leave it all original or place a 383 in it , every thing has matching numbers now

7. henryj429

henryj429

If you keep the original engine, it will never be a hot rod. Throw some horsepower at that thing and make it fun to drive! How about a period correct Dodge hemi? Better yet, figure out a way to put the Fargo script in the wire covers.

8. pat1972

pat1972

Lol very true Henry, I have a 383 an trany im redoing now thinking it will work really well just a matter of gettin the balls up to start the modification. Little nervous cause its the first one! Im sure ill have lots of questions guys been doing alot of reading an reach on parts an conversion kits

9. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

Cool thanks for the info.

Nice project! Watching

10. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Fargos are Dodges sold for export or built under chrysler in other countries. they are the same externally (except emblems), but the engines usually vary a few CID from their US counterparts.

Go V8 small block will be a lot easier swap, but if your down for it go for the 383 big block. just a heads up there is no conversion kits of any kind for engine swaps everything you do will have to be hand fabricated.