Register now to get rid of these ads!

Daily drivers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AJNapierski, Jul 21, 2013.

1. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1393467876.859058.jpg

Everyday driver. Get disappointed when I arrive at work because the drive is over. And then cant wait to drive home.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  2. iarodder

iarodder

I drive my '49 daily when it's not winter. It does have a heater but I don't like what the salt does to it.... I do not drive it to work cause I usually gotta be in at 5 or 5:30 in the a.m. lots of deer, other than that I drive the wheels off of it. last year I put right at 2,500 miles on it. To me this is what makes life good.

3. The Plymouth in my avitar was my daily driver till the front end fell apart. Should be back on the road in the next week or two.

4. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Yeah, but I may be the only dd/only vehicle that drove in snow. Doughnuts (not the eating kind) in a Walmart pkg lot, gettin' a little sideways, fun stuff.

5. Yeah, I'll give you that one, but it wasn't for lack of trying....:D

Attached Files:

6. Even chased it to the top of Mt. Laguna.

Attached Files:

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Okay, with the untimely death of my beloved Falcon wagon last fall at the hands of a 75 year old drunk driver, I am left with this for my all weather all purpose transpo....

Attached Files:

8. Must have been rough with all the rain the last couple days in phx.

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn straight! But there I was yesterday afternoon, bouncing down east McDowell with a two piece Chevy long bed driveshaft hanging out of the the passenger side, dodging raindrops and laughing like a freak, comin' home from the driveshaft shop for the fourth time...

10. Leroy 701

Leroy 701

I have been driving this 49 Pontiac all winter and having a great time of it.
    I've wanted to drive an old car in the winter to experience what it was like back then. These old cars do really great, sand bags, tow rope and a shovel in the trunk and go

Attached Files:

11. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

12. Leroy 701

Leroy 701

Atta boy Mr. D
    lookin good

13. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I have a 30 Model A pickup I use as a daily driver, it sets outside and hauls anything I can throw in it. It has an H&H inserted banger with a high compression head. Been using it for about 10 years and planning on going through it again after I finish my project.

Attached Files:

14. Snow?!?! I live near Chicago, could teach everyone a bit about snow this year.

1961 Ford Falcon is not only my (and my wife's) DD, it is the ONLY car we own. 13" Firestone snow tires were a good investment this year.

Oh, yeah, in three years the Falcon has never let us down, even starting at -10 F while sitting outside all night. And it is 98% stock, the 2% being the radio and alternator.

Cosmo

15. verde742

verde742

hey, hey, We had one day of winter so far, just rained like heck all nite sat bout a week ago, I think. I forgot already.

16. aircoup

aircoup

< theres mine

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  17. swe64

swe64

what to do without a truck?

Attached Files:

18. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

It must be great to live in areas where they don't SALT the roads every time mother nature farts! Talk about turning a nice car in to shit real quick just bring it here and drive it for a few winters!

19. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

My newest daily driver.....I don't drive my cars every day, but they are driven very....very regular during the week .......I have never understood having them and not driving them.....saw a T-Shirt that said..."Having a Hot Rod and not driving it is like being married to Dolly Parton and never unbutton her blouse"..............

Attached Files:

20. caton462

caton462

I drive this 46 just about every day. I've been waiting on the paint shop for a while so I do avoid the salted roads and rainy days.

Attached Files:

21. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

Rad deuce

22. Rain, Snow, Sunshine it's always fun even just to work and back. MW [​IMG]

23. Ya know, Donnie, I heard it was against the law in "Bama" for 1 guy to own 2 32 5 winders !!!!!!!!

24. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

It is, but It's got a 1968 GEORGE WALLACE FOR PRESIDENT decal in the window, so I'm Grandfathered in........Alabama looks out for it's Ol Hot Rodders

Attached Files:

25. aircoup

aircoup

[​IMG]my daily rain or shine

26. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't drive daily. It's only when I have to work late. When I do, it is most likely a certain old Ford.

27. boardwalk jo

boardwalk jo
    from North West

Still work'n after all these years. Two years ago I had 20 sheets of 5/8 sheet rock in the back, and with out much squat, it became the talk of day at Home Depot.

Attached Files:

28. Liquid Wrench

Liquid Wrench
    from Maine

This old '56 is gonna be my daily driver for this year. Been in a barn for many years. Spent the last 3 months waking it up. Put 60 miles on it yesterday. Lucy loves it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. joee

joee

is it chopped?

30. slowmotion

slowmotion

Sweet 56 LW. It does look like it has 'just a little off the top', illusion?