Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods need recommendations for aluminum polisher in LA/OC/Long Beach area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deathbound, Mar 25, 2014.

1. As the title says, I need recommendations for an aluminum polisher for a finned aluminum head & side valve covers (Plymouth flathead 6) in So Cal......LA/OC/Long Beach area. I can google all day long, but trying to find someone who's familiar with these parts or speaks english isn't easy. That's why I thought I'd ask some of the local guys who they use & get it done RIGHT. Thanks for any info.

2. I see you're in LB.
    Run the parts over to Perfomance Plus Tires on Cherry Ave & ask them.
    I had some valve covers polished there a cpl yrs ago.They have a polishing shop out back & they do more than just wheels.

3. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Sihilling metal polishing in Santa Ana. It's been some time, but I used to bring my stuff (intakes, wheels) up from San Diego. Been around for decades, used to do a lot of the top fuel team's blowers, etc.

4. mjcat

mjcat

Bush polishing and chrome. Has done a ton of work for me, does great work at a fair price. He polished my vdrive for my boat and it looks like a piece of art now!!! He is located in garden grove.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Fuel Roadster, Hot Rods Ta Hell, & mjcat.....thanks for the input. I ended up going with D&L Custom Metal Finishing in Riverside. Not as local as I would've liked, but highly recommended. I will follow up with before & after pics once I get the head back.
    Here's a link to D&L if anyone is interested:http://www.dlcustommetalfinishing.com

6. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Joe Stubblefield's Santa Fe springs--- use to be the old Crystal polishing in Paramount

7. These guys do some of the best work i have seen, used them for a 57 Cameo i did and the work was flawless.

8. Thought I would update this thread. I ended up using D&L Custom Metal Finishing (http://www.dlcustommetalfinishing.com/). I shipped my head priority mail, which was cheaper than 2 round trips from Long Beach to Riverside in my DD @12 mpg & had it back in my hands in less than a week from the day I shipped it. Of course, a few pics.
    DSC02079 - Copy.JPG DSC02198 - Copy.JPG DSC02200 - Copy.JPG