Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bagged Biscayne from Maryland

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Bagged_Biscayne, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Bagged_Biscayne

Bagged_Biscayne

Hey guys, I'm new to this site. A buddy of mine referred me here (still cant find him on here, his name is Jerry with a 55? Oldsmobile) Any way, I'd figure I'd show you guys what I'm working on and some details. I bought and am currently working on this car for my wife. This is her first old car (she was into Hondas when we met but I'm slowly changing her around for the good) She said the only way she would own a old car is if it had fins. Well when I stumbled upon this car I knew it'd be perfect. Its a 1960 Biscayne with the original 235 inline six and 3 on the tree. Nothing fast but makes a awesome cruiser. Its all original other than being bagged on all four corners and having true dual Lake Pipes. It has 74k original miles. Maybe next summer I'll build up the six (wanna be different. Anyone can swap in a v8) But I think I'm gonna leave like this for now and just drive it this summer and hit up the Jalopy Showdown in May for my first time. Well thanks for looking.

2. v8juice

v8juice

Welcome sounds like a cool car

3. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

Welcome from Hagerstown,md

4. Welcome. I think it's Sir Woosh that you are looking for.

5. welcome aboard ...

6. Hey from Carroll County:cool:

7. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

Welcome from Hagerstown

8. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Welcome to the HAMB. I grew up on the Eastern Shore.

I got a buddy running a 235 in his 50. I found a vintage Fenton dual carb intake up here on CL that he picked up and seems to be happy with. They're out there, so keep your eyes peeled! They also seem to make new ones still/again. there's a bunch of them on eBay, some with matching headers. Offenhauser has a triple single intake and headers too. I think Clifford makes a 4bbl manifold as well. I think all of those companies have valve covers and other cast parts for that engine. You can definitely get more grunt out of that 6 and you'll enjoy the challenge!

9. slick304

slick304

Welcome from snowy Southern Maryland.....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. Bagged_Biscayne

Bagged_Biscayne

You guys are from Hagerstown too? Thats where I'm from......do you guys go to the Saturday cruise ins at the Valley Mall?

11. Bagged_Biscayne

Bagged_Biscayne

Yeah, Mine has chrome valve cover and air cleaner. Gonna get the side covers and I've been looking at the triple 1 barrels.....kinda expensive. I dont want to do just 1 carb like a 4 barrel. I want the "Wow factor" lol

12. Bagged_Biscayne

Bagged_Biscayne

Thanks...I'll look him up

13. ......Wow factor is always Kool.:cool:

14. Bagged_Biscayne

Bagged_Biscayne

Yes sir, and it was Sir Woosh that I was looking for by the way. Thanks! He said this was a awesome site and he wasnt kidding. I've spent hours on this site and still havent had enough lol

15. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Yep, it's me!

First one on your friend list.

I knew you would enjoy it here!

Will see you cruising the Blvd...........................................

16. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

There you go Woosh....corrupting another fine young man into a hoodlum !!! How you doing Jerry?

17. Bagged_Biscayne

Bagged_Biscayne

Jerry is a nice guy. I've known him for quite some time. Him and my father used to talk at shows when he was driving his wifes purple and white '55. He's always talked to me when I ran into him somewhere. Yes Jerry, you most definitely will see me on the blvd and at the cruise ins........is Kenny with the '37 on here?

18. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Agreed, Jerry is one of the most honest and giving people I have ever had the opportunity to meet.... He is truly a fine gentlemen

19. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Welcome from a fellow 235 HAMBer!

20. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Pop on to the Google and plug this in:
    chevy 235 triple carb site:www.jalopyjournal.com

It'll bring up a ton of HAMB threads on hopping up your 235. As triple carb setups go, they're not too terribly bad pricewise for your engine and there's a few options out there.

21. Bagged_Biscayne

Bagged_Biscayne

Yes, he is. I hope this summer since I have something I can take to the shows that we can go to shows together and do some cruising........He announces the local parade and last year I had my car in it and he gave me a awesome introduction lol

Do you have any aftermarket parts on your 235?

Ok, thanks. I'll have to check that out

22. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Dang! Don't know who you guys got me confused with, but thanks for the kind words!

I too have met online and in person the nicest people you could hope to that are HAMBERS.............

Won't say you'll never see any drama, that's life. But surely, the HAMB is the place to make life long hot rod friends!

23. Danshotrod

Danshotrod

Welcome from Frederick Maryland

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

25. Bagged_Biscayne

Bagged_Biscayne

^^^I agree

Thanks!