Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 or 1958 Chrysler Imperial Good parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luckydevil, May 16, 2007.

1. luckydevil

luckydevil

I'm going tomorrow to part out a 57 or 58 Imperial 4 door. I bought the car sight unseen over the phone just for the 392 Hemi. From the description I got over the phone the body is toast and there is no good sheet metal. Are there any other parts worth pulling off the car? I'm definitly pulling the engine & tranny. What about the rear end? Is it worth the effort? any other parts worth saving?

2. plmczy

plmczy

Dash,steering column and wheel,seats?. later shawn

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The rearends have been a favorite among demolition derby builders for decades. They install 'em then take 'em out after the derby to run again.
    The wheels fit early Fords, 5 on 5 1/2. Please say they're wires!! HAHA. Only the Imperials have the early Ford big bolt pattern, the others, Saratogas, New Yorkers, Windsors, have the standard post-48 Ford 5 on 4 1/2 pattern.

4. If the grill and bumpers (or even just the bumper guards) are still good, someone building a kustom might want 'em.

5. luckydevil

luckydevil

The grill & bumpers are shot. No wire wheels. I'll take a pic of the car and post it later today.

6. luckydevil

luckydevil

I got the motor & trans, everything else on the car was shot. My camera died so I didn't get any pics. The motor is complete and turns over! I am going to sell it if any one is interested. I'm going to put an ad in the for sale section.

7. blueswle

blueswle

I need the Eagle from the center of the continental kit on the trunk, and the gas cap they are a odd gas cap and I am having a hard time finding one will pay a fair price for these items if they are still on the car

8. indyjps

indyjps

Any of the interoir / exterior trim would be worth pulling, it doesn't tae up much room until you can sell it

9. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Did you notice this thread is 7 years old? I predict a long wait for those parts. Too bad, he probably had them in 2007.

10. blueswle & indyjps -

You do realize that this thread is almost 7 years old?

The OP was made on May 16<sup>th</sup> 2007!

EDIT: D'oh! ... I type too slow ... Rusty O'Toole beat me to it!

11. Might check the date, this post is from 2007.

12. I parted a '58 a few years ago that I bought sans motor, trans and rearend that was about to be scrapped.

Unbroken pot metal trim, the headlight pods, the entire dash unbolts from the car - I sold the whole works with column and wheel and the car had sat with a couple broken windows for 20-30 years or more. The glass in it is not reproduced and if a hardtop the windshield fits coupe and convertible. Unbroken taillights are big - lenses are stupid expensive. Deck lid with the toilet seat (spare tire) is worth saving. I'd have cut the quarters off the one I parted if it had been straight on both sides.

Like someone said, the rearend, that was the one thing that had been robbed from this car until a week before I bought it when someone discovered it still had a Hemi.

Brake booster on the firewall, torsion bars, power window motors, the four way PW switch can be a $100 piece; power seat motor and switch; etc.

I also sawed out the gas door and tube just to hang onto because it's small, round, and would fit a ton of customs. I may use it on my Rockne, who knows. By sawed it out I mean I took a sawzall and cut the opening out of the body with it -

Just because at a glance you think it's "shot" doesn't mean it's junk, but I guess if you want to throw money away it's your business.

Edit: Ahh, some newbie bumped a 7 year old thread. The stuff was selling that much better then - that's about when I bought this car.

13. it was just a used car when this post began...

14. blueswle

blueswle

well crap that's embarrasing

15. goldenidolcustoms

goldenidolcustoms
    from Pa.

do you by any chance still have the imperial for parts?
    Thanks,Jack

16. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are you shitting me?

Sancho and 270dodge like this.