Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Car Graveyard - New England

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOSTONCAMARO, Jun 17, 2013.

1. So through the Hamb, someone saw my ad looking for an old shell etc. We got to talking by way of email and he said come up and look around, though with work, my son, car projects I didn't have time until this last Saturday. It was a bit of a hike from where I live, but was worth it, saw a ton of cool stuff, bought some parts and was psyched to check the place out as well as the stories of a lot of the cars that the owner was familiar with. His dad started collecting stuff in the 70's.

Was really cool for this guy to show me around the property that spanned 18 acres. there were definitely some good project cars, some stuff only good for scrap, other stuff VERY buildable. 70 Chevelle 2 doors, Model A's, El Caminos, Overlands, 55 Chevy's various trucks, engines, transmissions in cars, out of cars, in storage, 55 T Bird shells,62 Impala's and a ton more!

He did have a very cool 39 Plymouth that would be great for a Gasser build. The floors were gone, but basic shell and frame didn't look bad and the prices on the stuff was all very reasonable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  2. hoop

hoop

Great stuff.Where is it located?

3. I cant reveal the exact location but is a couple to few hours from Boston, if anyone is interested in learning more I can likely contact him. I don't think he wants his contact info all over the net.

4. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

any pics of the t-birds?

5. I didn't get any pictures of the t birds, but if people may want to learn more and are seriously looking for projects or parts, shoot me a PM and I can forward to the guy, include your email address etc as to what types of things you may be interested in...he has WAY too much to list, so likely best if you send me what you are searching for...I just talked with him, he said would be find for me to relay info

6. Love that '39 Plymouth coupe!

7. Jrockbass

Jrockbass

Wow... Love that Plymouth!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Yeah and it would be priced right..it has potential for sure!

9. jmpowie

jmpowie

To me that is so sad. Its the same as scrapping just a lot slower.

10. Awesome pictures! Do you have anymore of that El Camino? Thanks!

11. ShoeStringFiftyThree

ShoeStringFiftyThree

First place I thought of after reading the title was the yard that used to be in Salem,
    off 107, by the incinerator stack.

But I heard that one was scrapped out a long time ago. :(

Hopefully these cars go to someone who will use them.

Thanks for posting pics.

12. ChefMike

ChefMike

very cool there is so many places that folks just keep to themselves and every so often guys like this let it out, usually after the dad dies the kids want to sell

13. Firecat7

Firecat7

Gawd i love these places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

14. JMPOWIE, he feels the same, this place was a family owned place that he took over with other relatives a few years back, that is why he wants to weed stuff out and see stuff go to good homes!

Yeah it was really cool that the owner showed me around and as he is busy with his body shop etc, he doesn't have a ton of time and doesn't want all types of people showing up there etc, but if there are things you are interested in, stuff you are searching for, contact me and I can pass your contact information along.

As far as El Caminos, there had to be 4-5 complete ones there, 58-59s I guess, all of which had old handpainted advertising on them, was very cool..I saw I don't know about 6-8 sets of Model A and T rails just leaning against a shed and there were a bunch of other frames etc all around the property..I saw a pretty clean, perhaps very clean Model A rear truck body/bed..as mentioned a lot of buildable cars there....that Plymouth...he is talking in the HUNDREDS, not THOUSANDS on the price....very reasonable I would say!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  15. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Yeah, curious to see more of that graphic on the side.

And is that a convertible sedan betwene the Plymouth and the '63 Comet?

16. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

That place has been there forever. Used to have a fiberglass bear chained to the flagpole in front of the house when the old man owned it. When the dad was alive there were '55-'57 Tbirds in chicken coupes, and a bunch of neat old hot rods. What's left is the leavings I guess. I worked with his son-in-law at Glow City in Seabrook for many years. I would question the statement about prices being very reasonable. I went there a year or so ago, guy was pleasant and did take me around in his truck too, but I wanted a '51 shoebox hood, found one, but it was dented, surface pitted and he quoted me "$150" which I thought was a lot of money for a hood that might not even be able to be saved. But each to their own. It is one of the last yards with "old stuff" left in the state, that's for sure. Most have been EPA'd out of existance or like Juniors on 236 in So Maine closed by local fire inspector.

17. slammed

slammed

PLEASE>>More detail pix of the sign lettering/art work stuff! GREAT FIND!

18. Very impresive for a New England salvage yard. Love seeing old stuff like that.

19. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Surprised an FNG hasn't chimed in asking you to get him a trim piece yet.

I'm totally into the hand-applied artwork, too. That El Camino looks to have an old trike on it like this

[​IMG]

Any more pics of it?

20. I posted all the pics I have, someone did PM me asking about trim parts for an el camino, I did pass it on to the owner of the yard

21. bgaro

bgaro

looks like lane's to me. i gotta better and even more secret spot.

22. best2923

best2923
    from north Id

23. Liquid Wrench

Liquid Wrench
    from Maine

Cool thread. Do any of you New Englanders remember Hills Auto in Derry NH? It was on a rural road off the beaten path. You would never know there were many cars there as there was a huge wooden fence with a small hand painted sign.

He had hundreds of cars from the 30's-60's Lots of Trifive Chevys. Was there last in '98 for '57 Sedan Delivery interior parts. Drove my car there, the old man who owned the place liked my car so much he basically gave me everything I needed for next to nothing. Wonder if it's still there?

Kurt

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  24. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Is Bernardston Auto Wrecking still in existence? Had a creepy "Deliverance" feel about it, but I got some great stuff, cheap.

hacknwhack likes this.
  25. Ken Stewart

Ken Stewart

Look like my place that the way the wife thinks of our place. Rather nice I half to say. That the way a place should look. I just drag a 39 Studebaker Commander home the other day. Should look good in the front yard.:D

26. bgaro

bgaro

nope, epa was riding him, i think he got rid of most of the stuff back there.

27. CruZer

CruZer

We are still getting some good parts out of Mielke's Yard in Sheffield, Ma. they have no intention of crushing any of the 30's - 70's cars stored there and they are open to see parts.
    they even advertise in the yellow pages.

The owner took a friend of mine around this winter so he could find wiper parts for his 47 Plymouth.

28. CruZer

CruZer

I meant they are open to SELL parts.

29. Blanchard auto salvage 47 greenville rd wilton NH still has a lot of 30-70,s cars and parts for sale. ask for Wendy 603-654-9445