Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1952 AMBR winner / being restored

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vagabond88, Mar 27, 2014.

1. vagabond88

vagabond88

1952 AMBR winner is being restored in northern California. Here are some pictures we took monday ...Larry

Attached Files:

2. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Outstanding. Please keep us posted.

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Crackbon's pickup?

4. vagabond88

vagabond88

Yes , it's bud Crackbon's old pickup

5. 296ardun

296ardun

[​IMG]
    I found this on Rik Hoving's site, under the "Jim Roten collection," which Rik kindly sent me years ago...the photos were probably taken at Vacaville in the late '50s. This looks like the Crackbon roadster, fitted with fenders, drag slicks, and a number painted on the rear tire. Looks like sometime in its history it got converted to a drag roadster, probably in the street roadster class because of its fenders, headlights.

Glad to see it is on the way to its former self....

6. vagabond88

vagabond88

Yes , I saw this picture the other day . Notice the "Roll Bar" ...LOL..Any other pictures out there ??? The guy restoring this could use all the pictures we can find ...Larry

7. metal man

metal man

It has all four fenders on it in the picture taken at the roadster show. No roll bar though.
    Do the guys rebuilding it have the nose, hood ,etc., or just what is pictured?

8. vagabond88

vagabond88

He has the compleat car . The last owner was trying to put a Buick engine in it ( 30 years ago) and gave up . The curent owner has the correct mercury engine to go back in it ...All the parts are there -but no roll bar The car still has oringinal Chrome , paint , uhpolstry....Larry

9. Great story, thanks for sharing.

10. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Wow, that is a find. Hope you will keep us posted on the progress.

11. vagabond88

vagabond88

Yes I will .. I found a copy of the June 1952 "Hop Up" mag for him ..It covers the car in Color He said he had been looking for one for years , but he's not on the computer . So when I got home I found him one on E-Bay ..It should be here in a few days .. It will make his job alot easier ....Larry