Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 1938-1939 Ford Truck Club!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squigy, May 12, 2010.

1. Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

2. Bonneville salt flats 2013 -- at the park photo shoot 2012,

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

3. Love Bonneville and your truck . Some 2010 pictures .

Attached Files:

4. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

FEO & JOYFLEA............Great Pics

5. sknuisance

sknuisance
    from Canyon TX

I am in the process of building my 38, can anyone tell me what size radiator fits it? I am going to mock up the motor and tranny mounts next week and would like to be able to mock up the radiator as well ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1394298538.487799.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1394298560.515954.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1394298571.929859.jpg

6. Rods & Relics

Rods & Relics

What dimensions are you chasing??
    I have a re-pop aluminum one at work (Just ordered it as 38-39)
    I just told my supplier what motor I was running & that was it ;)

7. sknuisance

sknuisance
    from Canyon TX

I am not sure yet, want something to fit behind the grill and I am running a 302 ford 76ish year engine

8. Rods & Relics

Rods & Relics

I ordered ours for 302 Clevo, in the original position, so should be the same.
    I'll try to remember to measure it for you.

9. Used a walker , perfect fit . But if you can use it I have oe one that has had the flathead ports pluged and set up for sbc . pm me if I can help . Blue

10. sknuisance

sknuisance
    from Canyon TX

Thanks for the relies and help, I wasn't sure if ford used the same radiator in all the 38 and 39 models. Measurements would rock. I had planned on building a mock up radiator out of cardboard

11. greener200

greener200

I used the Walker as well, fit perfect . I still have the old radiator from when it was a fire-engine 2 ton tanker.mine is still getting put together here it is coming out of my celler . couldn,t put the cab on ,,it wouldn,t fit through the door ! an my first "drive" .Its pretty much together now , drove it around the block,last fall with a couple of my kids with me ,, no doors,windshield or seats . Yuppy nieghbors love me . Its a 39 sittin on a 37 pic-up frame I,ll get some recent photos up

Attached Files:

12. Rods & Relics

Rods & Relics

Not sure which measurements you need?
    The new one we have is 26" tall (not including the filler neck)
    19 3/4 " wide (not including the lower mounts, which are like 'A' model ?)
    3 5/8 wide at the core.

[​IMG]

13. sknuisance

sknuisance
    from Canyon TX

That's what I am needing, where did you pick that one up? Or is it something your making?

14. Walker rad. makes a replacement in copper with mounts for support rods in right place , Been rubbibg one on my 383 for 5 years and been to bonny and live in hotass Texas /////no over heat . Good luck . Is cannon in the panhandle or if you are close have a stock one and it is yours , pm me .

15. sknuisance

sknuisance
    from Canyon TX

I just read the previous post from you, walker for a Cleveland , thanks for the help it will make this easier

16. sknuisance

sknuisance
    from Canyon TX

Canyon is right outside Amarillo, up in the panhandle

17. Rods & Relics

Rods & Relics

You are obviously sorted going by the following posts, but for info sake.
    An Australian Co. called Aussie Desert Cooler make them.
    I ordered it for a Clevo & the model of Pickup......... sorted!!
    (the trouble is, we are not building the pickup with an original front now, so I will use the radiator in something else)

18. sknuisance

sknuisance
    from Canyon TX

Got the 63 sold and the 38 moved back to the shop today. Time to start working on her ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1394922300.918255.jpg

19. Rods & Relics

Rods & Relics

Cool!
    I need to do the same.
    (I've got an F1 pickup that needs to go, 34 Chev Delivery etc etc so I can get back to my '38 Dual Cab)

20. Marty39

Marty39
    from Oklahoma

What is the wheelbase of the 39? I believe I read that its 112" long but don't recall the width. My frame is pretty jacked up and would like to just put the body on another frame. I was thinking maybe a late 80's or newer ranger, but I think they are shorter, and probably wider.

We finally got the shop together and started tearing down the truck. What a monumental task we have ahead of us. I have way more time than money, so this is going to take a while. :)

21. Rods & Relics

Rods & Relics

Don't do it!!! :(:(:(:(
    Find an original frame ;)

22. I have an extra frame as I used a TCI under mine , might work out for you . Let me know , also have a 42-47 bed and 38/39 front fenders .

23. sknuisance

sknuisance
    from Canyon TX

I bought another 38 yesterday, figured two would make one and maybe a rat rod out of the remaining parts, this one has a running 59a-b flat head in it ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395759365.443642.jpg

24. Rods & Relics

Rods & Relics

25. Can I join with a school bus? Picked this up several years ago, but never had a shop large enough to work on it. Bought a building this winter, and am setting it up as a workshop, so I am hoping to get started on the bus this summer.

Attached Files:

26. sknuisance

sknuisance
    from Canyon TX

Anyone ever heard of this company?
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395873197.383134.jpg

27. greener200

greener200

SDJunkMan ,AAAH I think we need a FEW more photos of that "little" baby ;) be interested to see the maker/builders plate and the dash set-up . I have seen a railway exspress a while back ,but never a bus that thing is way tooo coool for school ! mp

28. Rods & Relics

Rods & Relics

So how COOL is THAT!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

29. I'll try to get some more pics this weekend.

I had been looking for an old bus to make into a camper when I heard about this one. The person that told me about it didn't remember exactly where it was, just that it was in a field where there had been a farm auction near town. It was only a couple of miles from my house, but took me almost 6 months to find, even though I drove past it almost every day. I had almsot give up hope of finding it, when one day while topping a hill, I happend to catch a flash of yellow, and realised that I had found it. It was sitting at the bottom of a draw, and almost impossible to see from the road, unless you caught it at exactly the right moment.

I tracked down the land owner (who didn't live in the area), and got permission to haul it off, but before I could get it hauled out, the weather went to hell, and it became too muddy to get to it.

In the spring, I called the land owner again to tell them I was going to haul it out, and was told that they got rid of the land over the winter, and thought the bus was gone. They agreed to contact the new owner and see if they would allow me to haul the bus out, since they all thought it was already gone. New owner said OK, so I started making plans. The bus was still just as I remembered it, great shape, but no wheels or tires and full of junk.

I combed the local junk yards and found 4 wheels and tires to fit it, rounded up a trailer large enough for it, and made plans for the weekend to haul it out.

On Saturday morning, I loaded up and headed over to the bus. When I got to the place, I noticed that they had hayed the field the day before. Drove in to the bus and found it full of holes! Apparently while having lunch, the haying crew decided to have some target practice. The bus was free of bullet holes two days earlier, now, there wasn't a panel on it that hadn't been shot up. I just about cried!

It took almost two days to get it out, junk was stacked up to the ceiling, hauled two loads to the landfill before I could even begin to start loading it. It had sunk down in the mud, and required a good assortment of boards, blocks and jacks to get it up on rubber, then it was so heavy that I broke my come-a-long winching it up onto the trailer.

When I finally got it home, my wife thought I was insane for wasting my time on it, considering all of the bullet holes.

Attached Files:

30. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Here is mine!!!!!!!!!! "I also have a nice spare 39 grill for sale"

Attached Files: