Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 39 buick special

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by tgaisser, Mar 24, 2014.

1. tgaisser

tgaisser

I have a 39 buick special. However my favorite grille is the 37. What would be the easiest way to change the grille using 37 parts or should I just do a custom fit

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Honestly, just trade or sell the '39 and get a '37. I don't mean to be bland, but there is so much different between the two that it really wouldn't go well just trying to switch stuff out.

3. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

Looks like You'd probably have to put a 37 front end on it. Good luck finding one.
    I kinda like the deep sea fish 39 front end :D

4. The '39 has one of the prettiest grills and front ends of all times.
    It would be so WRONG to alter it.

5. I also think that the 39 Buick has one of the best looking grilles ever made, and it would be a disservice to the car if it was swapped for anything else. Even though the small grille opening in the 39s do promote overheating.

6. hoop

hoop

I think 39 Buick grilles are beautiful.

7. Art Deco=39 Buick

The MOST beautiful grille that Buick used in production bar none.
    GM must have thought that also, look at photos of the Buick Blackhawk Concept Car.

8. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Sell the car and buy a 37.................Jeff

9. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

The body shell is the same in '37/'38, but totally different in '39. So, even if you had a '37 front end assembly, it would not fit the cowl without extensive rework, if at all.

I agree with others about the graceful beauty of the'39 grille, but that is not the basis of my recommendation as I also very much like the '37 grille

As a few others stated, if you REALLY want a '37 grille on your car, sell or trade it and get a '37.......you will be far better off for several reasons.