Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Found on Kijiji 1928 Roadster!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RetroSteel, Apr 7, 2012.

1. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

I too really enjoyed following this. You did a great job, that interior is killer. Enjoy!!

2. Thanks hooliganshotrods!
    Hope to have the roadster at the Super Run in Saskatoon this summer! Maybe see ya there!

3. As you know may already know this roadster has been built to be driven across Canada for the Make A Wish charity this summer. Shown here is our grand daughter who has inspired us. She under went a succussful 5 hr brain surgery by 3 surgeons in Edmonton to stop her brain seizures. After which, Make A Wish made her dreams come true! :D
    [​IMG]

4. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

love this car, also love the fact that u used BLUE wheels, nice touch

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Looks great, I'm still curious on the fenders ;)

They are great at the UofA hospital in Edmonton with brain surgery aren't they ? I have personal recent experience with that. :)

Glad they were able to help your grandaughter.

6. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

The top looks really nice! Congrats on being able to drive it now, and also congrats on being able to take your granddaughter for a ride in it. I wish her luck on her journey and wish things keep going great for her!

7. Thanks goatboy! Had red wires, sold them on the H.A.M.B. to a guy in Nevada. The wheels are Wheel Vintique powder coated in their U.S. Postal Blue, Make A Wish logo also uses a blue! I have stainless hubcaps also, but until i know that i won't have the wheel off again in the near future, they will remain off the roadster.:cool:

She is still on medication (although much lower dosage) but the seizures have now stopped! :D

8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That's great, the Stollery children's hospital is a wing of the huge complex that is the UofA hospital, one of the best hospitals in the country.

9. zeke1270

zeke1270
    from Alberta

Great story and car, usually lots happening in the Red Deer area car wise, stop in on the way to Super run if it fits.

10. Thanks zeke1270! :D
    I don't know if we'll be going to Red Deer, but the Super Run is on the agenda!

11. Had Rod Tops make a '32 bra & grill shell screen which we modified. This should help keep those prairie bugs out of the radiator!
    [​IMG]

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That is a really nice picture. You guys on the island are spoiled :)

Snowing and nasty here in Edmonton, a spring storm :eek:

No wonder I am going to retire on the island somewhere between Nanaimo and Courtenay. :)

That is a bit of a different angle to look at the car from. Maybe an optical illusion but it almost looks like the hood goes uphill from the cowl to the rad shell. :confused:

13. Well everyone one knows it is a bit of a trade off living in Alberta, You guys get paid big $$ but have to put up with cold & stormy weather. Here on the coast, while it does rain alot at least we don't have to shovel it!:cool:
    Here is a direct side view showing the hood. Having the bra on the grill shell does give the illusion of the hood being a bit higher. The hood is about 1/8" lower than the cowl. I will add some more welting to the cowl to level it out. Made up some filler pieces which bolt onto the '32 rail. Now there is no gap between the end of the frame & the tire. Looks much better!
    How many more years til retirement?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That side shot shows it perfectly.

It looks great.

Retirement is 5 years from now, and it can't come fast enough.

I know that one must not wish life away and that 5 years passes faster than we would like at times.

Yes we make good $ here, my life as a tradesman (welder) was well funded here by the oilsands :)

Right now I have 15 years teaching at NAIT and will finish for the pension and all that. :)

Teaching is great, once I'm done with my career I'm headed west :)

My employment and income have been here in Alberta, but my heart has always been on the island. My father lives in Bowser.

15. Tedders

Tedders

Could be worse could be with me in Moncton NB

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395878779.216213.jpg

16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Yes, we have it good compared to you guys :)

17. ricco

ricco

Nice looking roadster!!! Wish it was that nice here.

18. Thanks ricco!
    Spring is here on the west coast!;)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  19. We'll be taking the roadster to it's 1st show next weekend!
    [​IMG]

20. cheesegrater

cheesegrater
    from california

Chassis???????? Another way to skin that OL' KAT

21. Huh? :confused: