Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Those surplus Oxygen tanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by treb11, Mar 26, 2014.

1. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you Gary

3. handmedown40limited

handmedown40limited
    from tracy ca

I have something very similar to that in my garage. My dad used it as a auxiliary air tank for filling a tire that had a slow leak. Left it in the trunk of his sable at all times. I popped the trunk and at first look thought it was a bomb. Lol

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Used to be that just about every tow truck on the planet had a WWII oxygen tank hooked up to a hose rolling around in the back, ready to refill flats on service calls.

5. Cool pic. Thanks.
    When I was growing up my dad kept one of those aired-up in the trunk of our '50 Cadillac. He added a valve and a length of air hose in case he needed to air up a tire on the road. I still have the tank. Wish I still had the car.

6. alchemy

alchemy

I've bought/sold a few of those tanks over the years. I found a really nice condition small one a few years ago. About 2/3 size of the regular ones. Never seen another.

7. Great pic of 'em in their natural environment. Anyone ever polish one?

8. I bought one off a guy that said it was the last of a bunch his dad used to use as floatation markers for fishing nets.

9. I've got 3 and 1 smaller one like alchemy's.