Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ** Stray Kat 500 / May 2, 3 & 4, 2014/ DEWEY, OK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Mar 19, 2014.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

We love "real" Kustoms and Hot Rods. We believe guys are getting tired of going to just another show,
    so we focus on trying to create a relaxing, laid back show where you can meet new friends and talk about
    Kustoms and Hot Rods. We have trophies but they go to the Koolest not the most money spent or the
    over baby'd. We believe in having fun and enjoying our hobby without the stress of competition. Our shows
    you will see more then just kool vehicles. We believe the importance of entertaining the whole family. You
    will hear kool music, see talented artist, Kool antique stores and meet a lot of kool people.

[​IMG]

***WHERE SHOULD I STAY? ***

All of the hotels are in Bartlesville, Ok which is only four miles form Dewey.

The host hotel changed their name, the host hotel is the Quality Inn.

Quality Inn and their phone number is (918) 335-7755
    Hampton inn is right next door to the Host (918) 335-1122
    Super 8 is across highway 75, phone number is (918) 333-4051.

We also have a large group staying at the Fairfield inn and suites in Bartlesville right off of highway 75.
    It is a real kool place and in walking distance to three good restaurants. Their phone number is 918-331-2100.

***WHERE ARE WE GOING ON FRIDAY? ***

This year our Friday activity will be a reliability run to the Daryl Starbird’s National Rod & Custom
    Car Hall of Fame Museum In Afton, Ok. Sounds like a long drive but its only 63 miles away. Right
    now we have around 25 guys interested so its going to be a kool run. Some of the guys have talked
    about meeting us at the Museum and then running back over with us……. Working out the details as
    far as when we will leave the host hotel. Stay tune…..

***WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE HIT OVER OUR 500 limit? ***

We will have over our 500 entries and we have not turned any one away.
    We have room for 650 cars, once we hit that mark then we will come up with a plan.
    Our goal is too keep the show small so it can continue to be a social event. That is very
    important to our club.

***Who is winning the "Inspiration" award this year? ***

This years Inspiration award will go to two really kool guys this year. The award will go to
    Gary Mundy & Jeff Myers. We are very excited to acknowledge two of the koolest guys too
    ever build and drive a Kustom. Thank you guys for all that you have done within our hobby.

Gary Mundy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jeff Myers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*** Also don't forget the kool Pin up contest

[​IMG]

We had a pin up contest years ago and We were attracting way too many Poodle skirts so I stopped it.
    We are going to start it back and I have 232 Studios helping us organize it.

If you have any questions just let me know and stay tune for more details... Happy Trails, Mick

2. Looking forward to it, Mick!

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Jeff Myers = Man Crush! Have a great show man!

4. o2beme

o2beme

Fresh builds from Tahlequah for year 5 or 6 don't remember

5. gonmad

gonmad

WooHoo! C'mon guys, this is an AWESOME "event", not a show!

Mick, I'm thinkin about entering the pinup contest this year...... Where do I send my money?!? LoL!

Posted using the Kool kustom H.A.M.B. App!

6. MRpants

MRpants
    from pea ridge

7. ryno

ryno

Mick kept me posted on the star bird dealio. I'll meet yous there.

8. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

Barring any emergencies, I will be driving down this year. Cant wait. Looking forward to it.

9. MRpants

MRpants
    from pea ridge

yea the starbird thing sounds pretty rad.

10. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Going to be a fun year, I had two calls yesterday on your run. I don't know about you
    but I'm ready to do something kool.

Thanks John, Hopefully one of these days I can make it up north. I don't know about you
    but I'm looking forward to purrfect weather this year.

Tahlequah gang never disappoints, always showing up in something kool.

No..... :)

Me too, it has been a long winter....

That would be kool to meet up with ya guys at the Museum. We got the approval so the
    Starbird run is a go. We will be leaving the host hotel at 9:00 so we will be at the museum
    before 10:30. Looks like we will have a good group rolling over with us and a kool group
    meeting us there....

Looking forward to seeing ya Herb.

11. I'm there. Looking forward to the run to Starbird's. I haven't been their since his grand opening in '95. What time will you be leaving on Friday to get there? Just wanting to make sure I make it to town in time. :)

edit: nevermind….should have read the whole thread with your replies above. duh!

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

The Jetter boys S-H-O-U-L-D be there in their Cadillacs...that is, barring any typical ColoRODo late winter/early Spring snow storms... Dewey is 14 hours from Denver and I hate driving that distance in bad weather...looking forward to meeting Dr. Dave and the Starbird run...

R-

13. gonmad

gonmad

Sweet! I guess I should've read your post cause I might just be able to talk the boss into letting me off early and meet y'all there!!

Posted using the Kool kustom H.A.M.B. App!

14. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Is it a pretty good show? I live about two and a half hours away and wonder if it would be worth the drive

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  15. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

16. Bwahahahaha!

17. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Guess you didn't read all the replies...I live 14 (that's fourteen hours away) and I love the event, try to make every one I can...weather sometimes hampers whether I show up or not...!!!

R-

18. I'm planning on driving the coupe this year. (Let's see if that makes it worth his drive) ;-)

19. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Do you think my cars would fit in?
    Nomad88032lowered.JPG
    Blacktop 150 June 13 2015 019.JPG

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  20. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Certainly...!!! Either one...

R-

21. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

you...are a mental case

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Starbird run will be a kool addition to the show. It's a kool two lane drive to Afton
    I'm plan on breaking away from the show to drive over. I just hadn't told Renee yet...

Very Kool, Love it when the Jetter Brothers drive up to hang out with us.. do you still have the picture of Dan driving through snow last year. It's a kool pic..

Call in sick, the SK500 is kool therapy. I will write the prescription.

Very Kool!

Your coupe is worth driving to Springfield and seeing it in your garage with the door shut. Now that's kool....

Kool that you still own the Nomad, I sure miss mine.

23. 3quarter32

3quarter32

I'll be there. Had a great time last year despite the not so perfect weather.
    Lee

24. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Very Cool Event for sure.

Jimbo

Here is another Krazy Kar Kat

[​IMG]

25. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

I'm so ready!!!! Vw bus this year again lol beers beers and more beers. Any word about a band at host motel?? Tahlequah dick heads ready to go!

26. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx Mick...this one...??? AND that was on May First last year...wet and sloppy...!!!

R-

[​IMG]

27. inkstain27

inkstain27

Duncan, Let me know if you feel like caravanning. got a pretty cool 2-lane route out of NWA I always take.

28. atomickustom

atomickustom

Oh, I'll be there. Got door panels and new bumpers since last time I was there; it's like a whole new car!
    Thanks for the hotel info, Mick.

29. Maybe I missed it, but this show is a pre 'XX ?? Can't find the year models listed.

30. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is an open show but we advertise it as a Pre 64 Show. I know that is confusing. We have
    left it an open show to try to convert guys into our hobby, proud to say we have converted
    a few. Of the 500 plus entries, 90% are pre-64 real Kustoms and Hot Rods.