Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage OFFICIAL Vintage Torque Fest 2014 Thread May 2-4 Dubuque Iowa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Rusty Cheese

Rusty Cheese

Bring back Dale!!! Cant wait!!!!

Attached Files:

• dale.jpg
      dale.jpg
      File size:
      100.4 KB
      Views:
  2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

he was already booked for May 2/3 when we tried to book him in October! We gotta start earlier for 2015!!!!
    But if you like honky tonk country you will like Lucky Tubb - he is playing!
    And, Rodney and the Regulars for those that like the old Bob Wills style country/western swing and Bob Wayne and the Outlaw Carnies for those into the Hank III style outlaw country. Check out Lucky in this video - great stuff.

3. Dale was the shits!

4. Zaq

Zaq

L'Assassins playing again. That makes me a happy boy. Cant wait...my phone says 46 days....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. The clown in all his glory is ready!

6. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

I'm coming again this year. I doubt my 40 is done so I plan on driving my 72 K30. Will the cars and trucks that can't enter the main show still be in the same area?

7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

we have segregated parking for rides that don't quite meet entry guidelines- this is away from the normal daily drivers. This is a place that will be seen by everyone coming into the show.

8. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Being 16 can I ride a mini bike on the track?

9. what day and times are the AMA bike races, had several inquiries on this.

10. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

We are not an AMA sanctioned event. There IS an event on Sunday May 4 in Henry IL. This is why we are having our vintage flat track action on Friday and Saturday. More specifically - Friday evening and Saturday morning. Then, when they are done, the cars can get out on the track. We will also be allowing cars to get out on Friday afternoon.

11. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

1. NO Drinking & Driving. If you want to drive in the dirt, no alcohol allowed. Impaired drivers will NOT be allowed on the track. On/off duty sheriff/police officers will be on site to enforce this rule.
    2. Only licensed drivers allowed on the track. If you do not have a valid drivers license you can not go on the track.
    3. All drivers that wish to go on the track must sign a waiver stating that in the event of any type of accident- Torque Fest and Dubuque County Fairgrounds will not be responsible for damage to vehicles or personal injury.
    4. Minimum Age – 21 (This age requirement is required by insurance company – there can be no exceptions – sorry)
    5. No hot laps. Speed Limit is 40 MPH. These laps on the 1/2 mile dirt track are considered PHOTO LAPS. The purpose of these laps is to take participants car on the track for photo opportunity. Drivers that wish to drive in the mud should tell staff before laps to ensure photographer is properly set up. If you are red-flagged for going too fast or reckless driving you will not be allowed on track for the rest of the day.
    6. Only one car allowed on track at a time. Yes – this may cause a bit of a backup – but get in line and mingle with your fellow gearheads!
    7. If you wish to go on the dirt track again you must get back in the staging lanes and wait your turn.
    8. Other rules may be added as show approaches.

12. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

Just register your truck as a '64. John will take your word for it.

13. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

um.... that is why I am not on the gate. Our gate inspectors do a great job making sure the right kind of stuff get in to the show.
    Our show entry requirements are on the site. Again - if your happiness for the weekend is dependent on if your car is parked in a certain place at the fairgrounds......... leave your car at home. Our show is all about having a good time and we encourage everyone to show up, have fun. And then, after checking out the show, if you think you would like to be a part of the show the year after, bring your ride. But don't let entry to the show be a determinant of how your weekend will go. Our show is designed to help kids with heart problems and have a good time while doing it. It seems that message gets lost in the mix........ Again - all collector cars (even new Corvettes and Camaros etc) have special parking that is completely away from the daily drivers of spectator parking. Hope you will join us and have a good time at our rain or shine event.

14. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

[​IMG] here is a blast from the past from VTF 1 in Farley IA!

15. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

Coolstuff, I know where the "Other" cars and trucks parked as I was there last year. I was just curious if they were going to be there again in the same spot. That way I kind of have an idea where to expect to be. I have no problem parking it outside, I could actually care less. I can't wait to drive it that far. :) I'd rather be driving my 40 but I know better than that. Haha

16. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

We are planning on that same location - BUT there will be some changes in locations of some things.... Like the swap meet is going to get closer to the hot rod entrance this year we think. So this means the distance between the Classic and Chrome section and the swap will be very close. Again - we may be changing some things as the date approaches so we will keep everyone posted.

17. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Ah, my old coupe. It lives in Japan now. I havent missed a VTF yet. I'm hoping to debut my new '40 coupe at this years show although it may not have the interior finished yet. See you then.

18. Now a 40 coupe? Ahh yummy!

19. Its gettin closer!

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

[​IMG] even with the rain we had a great turnout last year.......... make plans to be there and enjoy the first cool show in the upper Midwest. It happens rain or shine.

21. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

Cant wait! Thrashing hard to get the 50 safe for the drive!!!

22. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

Just Took vacation for Thursday Afternoon and Friday, and will be there for the Swap meet... with a little somthing special. Now I just need to reserve the Room for me and the Wife.

Jeff

23. We need more volunteer! Im set to volunteer for friday!

24. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

SAFE is what we like!!!! We want everyone to arrive safely - even if it is in your daily driver..... You can always bring it the next year or to Iron Invasion. Do the best you can and hope to see you there no matter what.

25. iarodder

iarodder

Cant wait..... only a few weeks away. Got the '49 fixed again, ready to roll. John I'm sure it will be another awesome year!

26. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

Found my shock busted through the lower control arm...sad face...your pal cody (greaser on here) will hopefully get me his front end in time...or ill have to pull the arm and fix it...

27. Homely vollunteers get the back gate as always!

28. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

I'll be the youngest guy with a car there! 16 and bringing my 53 Ford!

29. Im one of the oldest n weirdest! You ll have fun young pup!

30. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

If memory serves me and I am thinking clearly, there are some additional activities to consider:

Thursday night downtown Dubuque parade. Open headers are okay?

Friday morning breakfast and Meet/Greet. Sunshine restaurant?

is this the plan?