Register now to get rid of these ads!

40 ford 2-door

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by cajundixie, Mar 24, 2014.

1. cajundixie

cajundixie

Hey folks , I'm new to the site, hope I can contribute, and also learn something. does any one know what would be the best and easiest rear ene to put under a 40 ford 2-door. running a S-10 tranny behinf a warmed flattie.. live driveshaft, stock rear, with the original buggy spring... thanks

2. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

welcome from cali. i have a 40 coupe and have an ford 8" posi from a maverick that my tape messure tells me will work with the 8-1/2" ET's i plan on using. your wheels need to be part of the equation to get it right.

3. cajundixie

cajundixie

Thanks Twitchy, what leaf springs are you using and what did the rear end measure length wise ???

4. welcome from merrimac ma

5. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

the springs came with the chassis i had built for me, but the builder uses TCI stuff. the rear end is apart right now. you can find the info bt looking up ford rear ends for a early 70's maverick.

6. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Welcome from Northern Michigan! I have a '40 Ford 2 dr sedan. It also has a Maverick rear end. I don't know what year. Used Chassis engineering springs and kit to install. Runs down the road great!

7. cajundixie

cajundixie

hotrodharry2, did you have to modify the rear end in any way , and do you know the width ??/ and thanks ... Cajun Dixie

---

8. Model T1

Model T1

Welcome to the group. Under my 1939 Ford is a 1957 Chevy rear with 57 leaves.
    Under my 1941 Ford is an 80's Camaro with Camaro leaves.

9. My 37 has a 58 inch flange to flange 8.8 Ford. The re was modified to fit.