Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Mc culloch supercharger

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jabberwoki, Mar 20, 2014.

1. jabberwoki

jabberwoki
    from puyallup

Hey maties I grabbed this lovely at a flea market today and was wondering if there were any experts?? to help me get some info on it.

ie: 57 FORD? Studebaker? or?
    And any other info you have would be great.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Great score, looks like it is in decent shape too. The McCulloch emblem tells me it was made as an add on accessory. The ones they sold to Studebaker and Kaiser, had Studebaker and Kaiser emblems. The serial number also gives the clue.

They VS57 blower was first offered in 1953. Thousands were sold as hop up accessories, and they were also factory equipment on Kaiser, Studebaker and Packard. The ones they sold to Ford in 1957, looked different and were larger.

There is a web site called VS57 that has plenty of information, it will help figure out exactly what you have. They did differ slightly in pressure output.

http://vs57.y-block.info/index.htm

All parts are available and they can be rebuilt. John Erb is a good guy to contact if you want yours rebuilt.

Basically, the same blower is still made (in updated form) as the Paxton supercharger.

The blower itself is only part of the package. You will also need brackets, pulleys, jockey pulley, belt, carb bonnet, hoses, fuel pressure regulator, and possibly an electric fuel pump.

3. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Very interesting web site! I thoroughly enjoyed reading the history there!

4. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Rod and Custom just did an article on that with the H&H Coupe. When I saw the Coupe at the GNRS, the supercharger was not even hooked up???

I think you need a few more parts to make it work.

5. At a flea market!I live in the wrong place on this planet.
    Good score but as said,only part of the puzzle.

6. jabberwoki

jabberwoki
    from puyallup

The numbers stamped on it are
    ovs 57 0 8574r0