Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 AMBR - Bud Crackbon car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vagabond88, Jan 1, 2013.

1. vagabond88

vagabond88

A few mouths back one of you guys sent me a picture of the 1952 AMBR winner - being restored . The picture said Grass Valley . I live a few miles away from there . My father was part of the "Ramblers" car club in San Francisco that helped Bud build the car . Does anyone know who owns the car now? and where it is? and how I can reach them ? ...Thanks , Larry Anderson Georgetown Calif. [email protected]

2. vagabond88

vagabond88

Follow up .. I saw the car today . The owner "Tom" has been working on it .It still has the original paint and upholstery. He's looking for an overdrive to fit on the back of a 39 ford trans . If anyone knows some one who build on please let me know . I'll try and post pictures ...Larry

3. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I have a 49 Merc. O.D. trans. $100. Needs rebuild. Gary

4. vagabond88

vagabond88

I'm not a "Ford" guy .. Will it replace the 39 box? Longer ? same ? What's the differane ?

5. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

It will fit the bell housing but it is longer and open drive line. If you want O.D. with old Ford parts you have to have one put in the closed driveline.

6. vagabond88

vagabond88

7. vagabond88

vagabond88

I am trying to post some picture we took of the 1952 AMBR Winner the other day . It's being restored in Northern California . How do I do that ??? Larry