Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs tru spokes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chavez_1950, Mar 24, 2014.

1. chavez_1950

chavez_1950

does anybody know where I can get true spokes rechromed or get the spokes re sealed . I'm In la Habra. CA

2. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

3. I can't imagine what it would cost to get a set of 4 Tru-spokes re-chromed. The old chrome will probably have to be blasted off or chemically removed in some fashion and they may have to be taken apart to be rechromed then re-assembled. All of this is pure speculation on my part only because a friend of mine offered me a set for free once and I turned them down 'cause all I could see were huge dollars to rehabilitate them. Hope I'm wrong. Good luck.

4. mr crocket

mr crocket

Looked into having a set of Buick wires restored and found out it was a lot cheaper to by good ropops if there is such a thing.Probably cheaper to buy new ones if they still make that style.Plating quality never as good as the older ones

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

There is a guy over in Orange County that makes his living rebuilding TRUs and Skylark wires. I can't find his number right now, but you can get ahold of him through another local company called "The Lug Nut King". Google them and they can hook you up with the wire guy. Last time I talked to him it was about 300.00 each to go through and chrome and re-lace a TRU, and an acquaintance of mine used his services last summer and was very happy with his work.

6. chavez_1950

chavez_1950

Kool Thanks for the info everybody

7. v8juice

v8juice

Usually cheaper to get repops