Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My "You didn't build that" 27 T Roadster build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddio211, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Shoebox sounds great! Can you get it out of the garage? :rolleyes::D

2. daddio211

daddio211

They really sound fantastic, don't they? I'm thinking my straight pipes may sound a little too ratty, but it's unmistakably flatty, isn't it?

Patience. :D

Thanks brother! Believe it or not, my garage is 1100 square feet. This is the area I keep for working on cars, the rest is filled with shelves with my business inventory, family stuff, bikes, the wife's Charger and my work truck. Once the wife's roadster is done my truck will be parked outside.

I keep accumulating big tools and will need to move the shelves on the right soon! Good thing my lift fits under the car. Don't know what the heck I'm going to do when it time to build the COE, but I'll cross that bridge this summer sometime. The garage is big enough to double park the T and shoebox on the other side so we may do that.

Great seeing you last weekend man!

My '27 T Roadster build: www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t= 734383

3. No matter how big, it's never big enough. Good to see you too man!

4. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

That shoe box sounds great. Gotta love those flatheads.

5. daddio211

daddio211

Bad news on the flatty. Started it this evening and it's knocking. Bad. Not sure where it's coming from but it sounds like the top of the engine near the center. Going to pull the intake soon and see if it's a lifter. Will report back.

50merckid from 300 miles north stopped by my house this evening and went to Bob's with me. Mighty damn nice of him to come help me with sanding duties for a few hours! Sorry, no pics. We were busy as hell sanding, laughing and reminiscing of when we both lived in a little town in Utah called Price. He's got about 4 years on me, but we were at a lot of the same things and connected a lot of the same people. Too fun! Thanks for the help and the company Steve!

6. Thats not what we want to here, hope its an easy fix. On the flip side its good to hear the T is progressing, im about to start on mine again, I got a boost from the car show last weekend and taking the Willys for drive. Good luck with the Shoebox. JW

7. Steve is a great guy. Sorry to here about the flatty, hope it is something easy.

8. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks guys. I'm going go wait a few days before tearing into the flatty. I hope it's something simple and hasn't done damage. If it's terminal I have a built SBC begging to take it's place. I always said I wouldn't do that but I'm getting tired of the flathead game... just want something reliable!

Nobody get panties in a wad just yet, I'd only do that if the flatty would need an entire rebuild. Chances are pretty slim on that.

9. Knock or loud tick? Top and back of the engine? Check the fuel pump push rod. Cross your fingers.

10. daddio211

daddio211

It's a knock, and I couldn't tell if it was left or right, forward or rearward. I'll check the fuel pump rod though, good thinking. I could tell I had 2 psi of fuel pressure though while the car was running and knocking. I'll pull the intake manifold in the next few days. If I don't find anything the engine will have to come out... ugh. :(

11. Please keep the Flatty. :eek:

12. daddio211

daddio211

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

14. daddio211

daddio211

No news on the flathead, sorry. Hurt my back last week (torn muscle) so I've gotten nothing done. Fortunately for me, Bob has.

Lots of small parts have been finished up in primer and a skim coat of filler. I went up today to try to finish sanding but only wiped the frame down before I had to leave. Daughter not feeling well so I ran to the store and back home. Oh well, I'll hit it again this week and hope to make some significant progress.

A few pics for my documentation process... if they'll load. Have had a lot of trouble loading pics from the android app the past few weeks. Keeps telling me I need to log in to upload photos. Guess I'll try another way, please stand by.

15. LARS is gettin closer everyday Eric.
    T gonna make it?

16. I have had problems with pics on here also as of late. Nice pics on instagram.

17. daddio211

daddio211

Coming right up!

Crossing fingers. If it does it likely won't have an interior, but oh well! :)

Yeah, not sure what's going on with the app. Thanks brother!

18. daddio211

daddio211

Pictures as promised. Of course, they're not too exciting to see but lots and lots of little details make up the finished product. Some of these parts Bob hand made are just too cool and nobody will ever see them!

Attached Files:

19. daddio211

daddio211

Pictures as promised. Of course, they're not too exciting to see but lots and lots of little details make up the finished product. Some of these parts Bob hand made are just too cool and nobody will ever see them!

Just hangin' out. Front lever action hydraulic shocks, spindles and the adjustable part of the generator bracket.
    [​IMG]

Armstrong front shocks:
    [​IMG]

Ford spindles:
    [​IMG]

Hand made rod ends. Bob made these with tubing and bolts as covered indepth in his first video.
    [​IMG]

Rear backing plate:
    [​IMG]

Front backing plate:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Left to right: front spring mount, Powerglide mount, steering arm and rear spring mounts. Yep, all hand made by Bob.
    [​IMG]

The other steering arm:
    [​IMG]

Left to right: engine mount, generator bracket, Powerglide mount.
    [​IMG]

20. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)That is all fun stuff ,I have always liked to do.:cool:

21. i finally made it through this whole thread....quite the project! Car will be a knockout when done I'm sure.
    Hurry up and get it done so the COE can get built!

22. pennafxu

pennafxu
    from Kentucky

Looking good Eric!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. fitzee

fitzee

love the build. just found it.. cool projects

24. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks for following along fellas. Sorry I've been MIA lately, but my business has taken a HUGE upswing recently. The kind of thing where work is nearly all you think of and the money is worth putting off all personal projects.

There's no way we'll be done for LARS. I'm working ridiculous hours and will be through the end of May. Bob will continue working away as he can but there's just no reason to expect to make it at this point or push for it. I do believe I'll be done with these projects in time to attend LARS, just not in THIS roadster.

I am, however, considering purchasing a buddy's '32. Regardless, this build will continue, get finished properly and enjoyed thoroughly.

Bob has completed many more of the small parts and has begun bodywork. Hammer and dolly, building new patch panels and welding them in. I'm really hoping to get up there in the next few days and take some pics. I might even be able to deliver paint, clear, and help a bit if I can structure my days right!

Don't give up on me!

25. Oh the fine art of balance. Always seems to be time for $$$ to be made. Those parts look great!

26. daddio211

daddio211

Gotta make it while we can, right? How's your A build coming?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. Busy with the new 32 project but will back on the 31 soon.

28. Great to hear things are going so well buddy and hangin out for those update pics. JW :)

29. So looks like 50merckid is headed your way on Wednesday and maybe birdog in the 36 pickup to VIVA. Will be watching for updates from them on your progress.:D