Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Not another model A build up!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jugheadjones, Mar 15, 2014.

1. splitmike

splitmike

Cant wait to see more ! looking good !

2. I love these kind of builds! Awesome fabrication work and documentation. I'm digging all of the unique details your adding. I'll be watching an learning from this one. Keep up the good work.

3. Looking good!

4. jugheadjones

jugheadjones

Welded the spring hangers to the front bones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  5. Liam-B

Liam-B
    from Melbourne

Nice work! This is coming along really awesome. I want to build something similar myself here in Melbourne one day. Will be watching with great interest!

6. edfueler

edfueler

Beautiful work. I love your attention to detail. I can't wait to see this one out and about on the road.

7. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Are those piecrust radial tires?

** edit ** now that I look closer, the tread design looks like BFG Silvertown tires

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Great fabrication going on, subscribed....

10. jugheadjones

jugheadjones

Thanks man! Garth was doing your XP yeah?

11. jugheadjones

jugheadjones

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the feedback!

12. Liam-B

Liam-B
    from Melbourne

Must be a different XP? I've done everything myself on the sedan. Its nearly finished though thinking of selling it maybe...

I've got my 64 XM Falcon hot rod ute to keep my happy now. Its getting a 302 at Easter :)
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9596497&postcount=2988

Will keep you in mind for any advanced fab work in the future, it looks top notch mate.

13. jugheadjones

jugheadjones

Hi Liam,

I thought I recognised your avatar pic in a mates shed years ago. He was doing the interior. It must be a different car.

Nice ute man! I dig the roof! When is the 302 going in?

14. jugheadjones

jugheadjones

Thanks man!

15. jugheadjones

jugheadjones

16. Liam-B

Liam-B
    from Melbourne

Thanks! Yeah, I am actually getting the interior done at the moment on the blue and white XP sedan, I have owned it 2 years but its never been registered in my ownership. Been too busy fixing rusty sills haha. Might get it on the road very soon and thinking about selling it to finance a traditional hot rod build.

The ute is be getting the 302 conversion at easter, I have everything ready to go to make the swap straight forward hopefully. Looking forward to then!

I see you do a lot of VW stuff on your site, I work at Porsche Centre Melbourne, we have a lot of old school stuff in some days :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  17. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I want it, I want it. Love what you have done so far. Highly envious.

18. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Very cool, looking forward to seeing this one progress!
    subscribed!

OB

19. lowXM

lowXM

sweet build man! inspiration for me to get my ass into gear on my 30 coupe haha

20. Koz

Koz

I need to mention, I'm assuming the body's scratch built, (?). The proportions are some of the best I've ever seen and the work looks super nice. The car just has the look. If the body is a reworked production body, I'd love to have a few more pics of the cowl just for future reference.

21. jugheadjones

jugheadjones

Hey man,
    Well you've got the 2 Aussie fords so flip one and get a rod ;) You'll love it! It sounds like you can do a lot of the work yourself which saves you a truck load of cash!

I have a deep soft spot for Porsche'. Are you at the one on Victoria st?

22. jugheadjones

jugheadjones

Thanks dude!

Thanks lowXM! Where are you at with your coupe?

23. lowXM

lowXM

Pretty much just stripped the car down and pulled body off chassis, got my build proposal ready to submit (which I'll be doing today) and then might start pulling down the y block so I can send it off for machining.

Don't wanna start chassis work untill the proposal is approved. Which is kinda annoying but yeah.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. jugheadjones

jugheadjones

Hey Koz, Thanks so much for your encouraging comments. I unfortunately can't take credit for the body, that's how I bought it. The guy I bought it from scratch built the body himself and yes that's one of the things that sold me - the low slung and great proportions he designed. I've had the car for ages and no one could tell me [ including the guy I bought it off ] what body it was. There were plenty of guesses but when I googled them there was always something different. I put a post on here last week and a dude sent me some links and BINGO! it's a Willy's Overland cowl: http://www.wokr.org/gallery/96tou31.htm
    http://clubs.hemmings.com/wokr/gallery/96tou22.htm
    I was seriously contemplating buying a Ford body but after all this effort and I love the Willy's Overland grill I'm going to keep it the way it is. I just need to find a grill now.
    Thanks again.

25. jugheadjones

jugheadjones

Cool! It sounds like you're organised! shoot me a link of the thread when you can. You must know http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=35661 then?

26. lowXM

lowXM

I haven't started a thread yet, might start one this week, although progress will be slow at first and then only come once a month (work away on FIFO roster) haha

Yeah I'm pretty sure I had that dude on Facebook but I deactivated my account a while back so I can't really remember.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. jugheadjones

jugheadjones

Some more shots here for you mate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SINNER53 likes this.
  28. Liam-B

Liam-B
    from Melbourne

Yeah, definitely going to sell the XP more door. I need to keep the ute, its quite handy you see. Its actually the first ute I have ever owned, Ive become quite attached to it now!

I can do most things myself, it definitely helps! I've got access to a lathe at work and yes I am on Victoria street :)

Do you plan on putting your project on club or full reg?

29. Koz

Koz

There's another fellow on here with a green Willys-Overland that has a similar cowl and also has the look. Time I made up a buck and popped one out!

30. jugheadjones

jugheadjones

Shoot me a link when you come across him again.:)