Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Oh, hey Johnny, did you say something? Oh ya, well, the track meet was yesterday, today its the Smack Meet!
    We are a little worried Johnny, lets be real, you have actually been in the 9's (at least when Quain is coming from behind, and that Willys nose is pushing all that air giving you a killer tail wind. I mean we are coming with a bigger, longer wheel base car, that is even less aerodynamic than yours with a bunch less cubes right? Besides, if you get serious, and decide to remove the A/C unit, the power disc Brembo's, power steering, 12 CD Disc changer, power windows, heated steering wheel, Lazy Boy recliners, microwave, mini fridge, wine cooler, convection oven, 6 foot wheelie bars, and the Don Garlits faux injector air cleaner.., well, you know, everything you added, that took it from a Nova Gasser, to a Winnebago. Man if you did that, you could be a serious contender! All we're doing, is getting our priorities right. If we get whooped by you after all my smack talking, then at least I'll know how you felt last year after you called out Quain, on the public address system, did one burnout, while Quain put on the proper dry hop demonstration, gave you a HUGE head start, then drove by you like you were putting in your latest Britney Spears CD.

Hey I forgot to ask, could you please mount your GoPro facing forward? I've never experienced a set of '56 tail lights rapidly pulling away from me, and well the only other way I can see it is if we traded cars for a pass.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  2. Johnny, Joohhnnyyy, were are you, come on dude, put down the box of Bon Bons, and get on the key board man!

3. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Dont worry Butch , you would be in good company, im just running old junk also.

4. My father and I are so excited about attending this year as spectators. Will be about a 6 hour drive each way for us. Can anyone tell us if camping (tent) is available on site? No services required.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. powrshftr

powrshftr

At least your junk is fast.....my old girl seems to just wanna pose for photos half the time instead of run....lol

Scott

6. powrshftr

powrshftr

There is supposed to be loads of room on site for camping:)

7. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Not sure yet Jon we'll see ??? It granaded on my last pass last year!! All new this year??

8. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

9. What did it have, and what did ya build? Scott asked for our recipe, you wanna share yours What did ya run last year, hopes for this year? What does yours weigh? I think Johnnys is the only 1st Gen Nova that as much as a 76 Monte Carlo.

10. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Def. not as fast as Johnny's still have to weigh her?? Was a 355, ran 1090's in my 3600 pound 70 Camaro? Wasn't up to par last year spun a rod bearing on the big end, was running high 12's when it let go, full eagle rotating assembly, afr 210 648 solid roller custom grind cam, pro systems 780 carb ? Should be OK? Needs a driver!!!! Lol 4 speed car also.

11. Sounds GRRRREAT!!!!

12. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Pennenton Bros, beebee, I don't have the fire power of you guys but hear what I have. 351W, KB flat tops and SCAT rods, Howards Solid flat tappet cam, .549/.565 lift .281/.287 duration, 106 center line. AFR 185 series heads 2.02 /1.60 valves. Edelbrock air gap dual quad intake with a pair of 3895s AFB carbs. C4 trans (sorry just a 2 pedal car ) TCI street Fighter convertor and TCI valve body. 9 inch out of a 66 Bronco with 4.57 and a spool. Weighs in at 2505 with out me in it and well....2735 with me in it.

Best pass so far is 10.95 @ 124.11 with a 1.70 60 foot.

A lot of great times with my dad in the past 20 plus years, my grandfather gave me the car in 1988 in stock form and my son is getting very involved in it now.

Jon

[​IMG]
    My Dad and my son putting the rocker arms on.

[​IMG]
    My Dad and I at US131 last year

[​IMG]
    Marion OH 2011?

13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Falcon Gasser you are a lucky guy.

14. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Thanks, its been great to do this with family.
    Jon

15. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

I have faith in ya, wanna race for the North? Would love you have ya on the team.

16. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I haven't heard much from the hillbillies. I think its going to be a sneak attack.
    Nothing exciting here just working on the brakes and going back to the old gears seamed like the turd liked it better.

17. Those first year Falcons with the grill set back are my favorite. That's a pretty good lap, considering the 60' is a bit soft!

18. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

You can have the "N" from our compass so you know which direction to point your stuff at the end of the day to drag it home with your tail between your legs after the "Rotten Orange" has been turned into marmalade by all the boys from the South!

19. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Still working out the bugs, only 18 runs on it so far and I had much better 60 foots when I was running 11.50's, something like 1.58 to 1.60's Going to have it sorted out by time the Meltdown gets here. Its going to be great just meeting as many people as I can from the HAMB and Facebook who are coming.

Jon

20. Thanks Scott.

Is there someone that I need to contact to reserve a spot????

21. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Here's what my 56 has in her..030 over 2 bolt main 454 , cast factory crank, Eagle I-beam rods, JE 12.7 to 1 pistons. 840 casting 1969 Rectangular port heads oversize valves and some really bad 1980s port work. Hilborn fuel injection and a Vertex mag. Camshaft was a donor from a friends boat. 245/256 duration at .050 and .714 lift. . The car itself still has the factory 1956 leaf springs under it with ladder bars (I think thats why she does the gangster lean going down the 1/4) Had a Turbo 400 last year with a 4000 stall 9" converter, will have a Mopar A833 4 speed this year. As the car sat , it weighed 3585 last year with me in it.

22. Nope just show up and pay your entry fee at the gate and your golden.

23. That is awesome! Thanks so much.

24. Man Johnny, I love when you talk smack and get my little brothers hackles up, then he wants to buy more bitchen go fast parts for The Child.
    Keep it up dude, its work'n!

25. Joe's
    Ole
    Engine
    Lives

26. Joel's
    Overweight
    Entry
    Listing

27. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Me or the car lol

28. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Any idea how much power it makes???

29. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

30. Danny G

Danny G

Does anyone have a Pontiac-Olds 5.12 ring and pinion laying around they will part with? I need to go down a couple of gear sizes. Will buy or trade.